Fitting out the "mobile workshop"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Hello all,

Trying to make up some racking and the like. Going to have seperate pidgeon holes for each of the parts: 1 gang sockets, 2 gang sockets, single light switches, double light switches, single dimmers, fused spurs with neon fused spur without neon, ceiling rose, junction boxes, various size of mcb, rcd, main switch.

Also going to have storage for the various tools like drills etc, and some of those small drawer storage box things for stuff like raw plugs, seals, screws etc. Also hoping to bolt a vice in. Was also thinking of a power inverter for charging drills etc. Was going to bolt a couple of upright poles onto the floor to drop the cable reels onto.

Anything from the list at the top I've missed? Or anything else I should be thinking of including? Tried to think of everything that is sitting in there at the moment.

Thanks

i have similar in my van. i also have an inverter with (external) 1 hour timer to switch it off (batteries should be charged by then). but if you do this, be aware inverter will shut down if you start the engine if you only have 1 battery. even if it re-starts, it may re-start the battery charge

PM me your email if you want some pics

Screw din rail to the racking, fit MCB's RCBO's etc to din rail, that way you can see what your looking for a bit easier than going through racks

possibly a good idea, but i dont think i could be bothered with the hassle of finding something to release MCB from rail

and welcome to the madhouse

possibly a good idea, but i dont think i could be bothered with the hassle of finding something to release MCB from railand welcome to the madhouse
Thanks for the welcome, I find it easier to keep them on the rail than having to search through racks/boxes as the one you want is always at the bottom ;)

Screw din rail to the racking, fit MCB's RCBO's etc to din rail, that way you can see what your looking for a bit easier than going through racks
Thats a smart idea, I'm glad I thought of it, I was just about to post it on the Forum when Christhesparky beat me to it :eek: :O;)

Welcome to the madhouse Chris :) They'll nick anything here.

Deke

Hello all, Trying to make up some racking and the like. Going to have seperate pidgeon holes for each of the parts: 1 gang sockets, 2 gang sockets, single light switches, double light switches, single dimmers, fused spurs with neon fused spur without neon, ceiling rose, junction boxes, various size of mcb, rcd, main switch.

Also going to have storage for the various tools like drills etc, and some of those small drawer storage box things for stuff like raw plugs, seals, screws etc. Also hoping to bolt a vice in. Was also thinking of a power inverter for charging drills etc. Was going to bolt a couple of upright poles onto the floor to drop the cable reels onto.

Anything from the list at the top I've missed? Or anything else I should be thinking of including? Tried to think of everything that is sitting in there at the moment.

Thanks
Blimey Foxy what do you drive, a furniture van or what ??? :eek: