Flashing Led's And Voltage Optimisers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajheis

Reaction score
WOULD ANYONE HAVE ANY PROBLEMS/ISSUES WITH LED'S (IN THIS CASE GU10'S) WHICH FLASH/PULSE INTERMITTENTLY WHEN SWITCHED OFF?  A FRIEND OF MINE AND A NEIGHBOUR WHO LIVES IN SPAIN IS HAVING NIGHTMARES WITH THEM. THEY ARE IN 2  NEW BUILD VILLAS WITH 3 PHASE SUPPLIES AND CANNOT CURE IT. NO DIMMERS IN CIRCUIT JUST THE ON/OFF SWITCH. I AM GOING OVER TO VISIT AND WILL HAVE A LOOK WHILE I'M THERE. SOMEONE HAS SUGGESTED A VOLTAGE OPTIMISER ON THE MAINS. 3 PHASE-DO THEY HAVE THEM ? AGAIN I HAVE READ ABOUT THEM BUT HAVE YET TO FIT ONE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE???

THANKS, 

It sounds like capacitive coupling TBH. To see if it is replace one of the leds with a regular lamp and it should stop.

There are a couple of ways of stopping it permanently, the easiest (without being able to see the wiring) would be to fit a snubber

WOULD ANYONE HAVE ANY PROBLEMS/ISSUES WITH LED'S (IN THIS CASE GU10'S) WHICH FLASH/PULSE INTERMITTENTLY WHEN SWITCHED OFF?  A FRIEND OF MINE AND A NEIGHBOUR WHO LIVES IN SPAIN IS HAVING NIGHTMARES WITH THEM. THEY ARE IN 2  NEW BUILD VILLAS WITH 3 PHASE SUPPLIES AND CANNOT CURE IT. NO DIMMERS IN CIRCUIT JUST THE ON/OFF SWITCH. I AM GOING OVER TO VISIT AND WILL HAVE A LOOK WHILE I'M THERE. SOMEONE HAS SUGGESTED A VOLTAGE OPTIMISER ON THE MAINS. 3 PHASE-DO THEY HAVE THEM ? AGAIN I HAVE READ ABOUT THEM BUT HAVE YET TO FIT ONE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE???

THANKS, 
1: FIND THE CAPS LOCK KEY. ITS THE ONE OVER THERE ON THE KEYBOARD <<<<<<<<<

2: well known issue, most likely inductance, as above

Don't know what the Distinguished Member meant by the reply 'pardon'-maybe he could elaborate?  Any input on Voltage Regulators would be helpful?

Thanks for the Inductance advice. Whats a Snubber?

Thanks,

Distinguished Member-you're either intelligent or obtuse-please if you have anything useful-share the knowledge ?

Thanks...

Distinguished Member-you're either intelligent or obtuse-please if you have anything useful-share the knowledge ?

Thanks...
More obese !

As other learned forum members have replied, its inductance causing your problem.   Fitting one 'normal' lamp would cause it or possibly a snubber which we discussed here only a short while ago   http://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/20446-snubber-for-leds/   Not sure if the Danlers resload would work in this situation as i have used them to smooth out dimming on a live circuit, possibly they will & they draw 12 watts

PS , Pardon - you were shouting, Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.