Fluke, paying for a name?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy

Reaction score
I need to get myself a decent voltage tester and am leaning towards the Fluke T100. I do understand that you get what you pay for but you can also pay an extra tenner for a brand name. Advice and opinions please.

I've got a cheap Fluke T50 and it's lasted me well, just got a T100 no complaints there very well made. Used to have a T5-600 but it stupidly lost it by being careless one day and I've been kicking myself over it. I like fluke gear got a 1653B tester a clamp meter and there volts tick that lights up blue and red.

I got my T5-1000 off Megger mark, real good deal with holster & volt stick .... Flukes volt stick ain't much cop IMHO but the testers are excellent

Kerching how did you shorten your T-100's flex?!

Being vertically challenged like myself having all that flex wrapped around my neck on a daily basis is a trip hazard waiting to happen!

Kerching how did you shorten your T-100's flex?!Being vertically challenged like myself having all that flex wrapped around my neck on a daily basis is a trip hazard waiting to happen!
there is a little black button thing on the front - remove it, and the top / bottom half come apart. you can then shorten the lead at the connection.

when the button is removed there is a little catch that you have to ease between the two halves if I remeber correctly. It is obvious when you remove [AND PUT SOMEWHERE SAFE] the little button thing and then try to split the 2 halves. I had to do mine as the wire 'brayed' at the entrance to the main body........... :coat

oh...remove batteries first

Cheers Andy and Kerching that's sorted it for me no bother so easy when you know how!

I have used all sorts of testers over the years and have just bought a Fluke T5-600 and am very pleased with it. One thing I particularly like is the fact it is designed for one probe to 'sit' in the tester while you hold the other probe in your other hand, rather than trying to juggle the tester and needing three hands!

Hi There,

I got a Megger tpt220 i think it is called, [it is not here in front of me!] Anyway, i love it, there is a built in torch, the display lights up automatically if it is dark, but best of all, it does not trip RCD's, unless of course you want it to, when you press a button and it switches in a suitable resistance to flow 30mA.

It also functions as a phase rotation tester too, although i must admit i always use my "proper" one!!

john...