Foot through the ceiling.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
yep, did it today, felt like crap rest of day because of it.

got it patched up, the job ended up costing me money today.

oh well hopefully tomorrow will be better!

how many of you have fell through the floor board youve lifted into the room below?

wayne

I think we've all done it if were honest! I was working on a big site and the plumbers always took up 4 boards on the landing for some reason. I came trampling up the stairs with a heavy toolbox and went right through and wedged between 2 joists at the hips. Very painful and everyone laughing thought it was hilarious no sympathy. New ceiling freshly artexed..... thankfully big site and knew the right people to get it fixed no questions asked!

Luckily never, but i am fairly small to medium so have got away with it on a few occassions (phew).

I normally just do stupid things like banging my head or sticking a screwdriver in my hand/ wrist that sort of stuff really!

only the once,

helping my mate do his loft conversion,

a long HOT saturday and by 8pm Id had a few too many refreshing cold drinks,

we were shifting some 8x4 flooring sheets around, as I I turned he pushed a little too hard in my general direction,

oh dear,

ah well, your missus never did like that poxy artex you had in the kitchen,

Im off to the pub now, tell her you'll get it sorted in the morning,

:slap

well, he shouldnt have took advantage by having me work so hard and long on as sunny a day as it was,,,,,,,,

I've always thought it more likely to fall through the ceiling from a loft. Thankfully it has never happened to me, but my dad, who was a plumber did that once.

I was in a loft this week, and to be honest, I was amazed the ceiling was still there. the loft wasn't boarded, but it was stuffed full of stuff including old CRT PC monitors, all just sitting on the loft insulation which means it's weight is all on the plasterboard. One day it's going to go, I sure wouldn't like to be sleeping underneath that lot.

20 years post- apprenticeship experience and I've never put my foot through a ceiling or floor !. I put it down to my big feet.

Revjames helped me put a bathroom in once and put his foot through my ceiling !, he seems to make a habit of it. :) .

Never done it [yet]....back in the day the bloke I was apprenticed to put his foot through a lath and plaster ceiling. When that happens you cannot pull your leg back up since the broken [and sharp] laths dig into your leg. The more you pull the more they dig in. So I had to go downstairs and cut the laths away. Funny looking back on it, but at the time I carped myself............. :coat

iv not ever done ir YET!!

only last week the apprentice tripped over the drum of 1.0mm TE and toke a tumble lol trying to doge beween joists......... but then opps down he went through a kitchen ceiling the funnyst thing i have ever seen in my life.. i made him pay for it and took a weeks wages for a laff.... he didnt realise it was being re boarded the next day lol i gave him all his money bk

I've done it once... in an empty house that a plumber and myself were working in,, loads of boards up on landing and about the 100 time of walking over the trap I missed the joist or board with one leg and put my weight on to it,, the fact that it was wet didn't help and my foot went straight through.

I don't know what damage I did to my other leg, but it hurt like hell for a week..

Thank god the owner was getting a plasterer in to fill my chases and the ceiling was flat;) ;)

this ceiling was papered, luckily she had some left under stairs so shes gonna patch, i offed to get someone in but she said she would do it. thankfully otherwise it would have cost me more.

i must have stepped over the gap 20-30 times so should have learnt it was there!

Not foot but put hand on sheet of plasterboard in a new build in an access hatch and as the house was so damp it bent a bit. l thought i would go down later and screw it back up but as it was so damp it fell down before i got there. Luckily it hadn't been plastered so builder put new sheet up the next day. As for plumbers the one doing a job that i am doing at the moment managed to put his foot through the ceiling in the loft builder said he just laughed takes all sorts i suppose.

pub conversion, one partner was a fit 20 something blonde bird.

She & was carrying table out the door with somebody else & stepped into the where the boards had been lifted straddling the joist.

Had to be helped upstairs in tears by her colleagues bent double as she'd taken full impact on the minge, I still think of this day from time to time & chuckle

Installing 50 downlighters in a big old house.

first thing in the morning in the loft to run new cables........didnt check the planks were over the joists properly and foot slipped between joists

It was on a landing to the side of a spiral staircase,,,,,it was my mates job and it was funny to see him run around swearing.

customer was out and the decorators were still onsite,,,patching it was easy,

It was the artex pattern that took some sorting but luckily the decorator had one in the van

2 hours later

A builder friend of mine was walking through a new build; no roof

on. He opened a door, walked through, closed the door and then

3 seconds later he heard a tremendous crash.

The wall, with door, collapsed behind him. Maybe the builders were

going to use the roof to hold that lot upright.

A builder friend of mine was walking through a new build; no roofon. He opened a door, walked through, closed the door and then

:slap pmsl :D

never fell through a ceiling yet. probably came close to it a few times though

few years ago doing a re-wire, my dad fell through the ceiling fro the loft. took best part of the 8x4 board with him.

fortunatly, ceiling was getting skimmed once we finished

A builder friend of mine was walking through a new build; no roofon. He opened a door, walked through, closed the door and then

What I don't understand is why was the door already fitted to a building with no roof? You don't normally do the carpentry until it's wind and watertight.