Free Smartphone offer from 02. Which, if any of these mobiles is the best?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi All,

Received a text from 02 the other day about an offer to switch from Pay as you go to Pay monthly.

I currently top up my mobile at

Hi Admin,

I think if you do take a deal like that your 100mins will be used up quicker than you think and you'll end up paying a lot more than

Hi Mate,

Thanks for your reply.

I do texting more than talking on the phone. Very rarely do I call anyone.

My current internet on PAYG is 1MB a Month. I have a carp mobile that came out just after the "Brick ones". Lol.

On reading your reply it sounds like it could be a way for you to get a new phone.

Looking at pictures of the phones you mentioned were in the offer, both the nokia and blackberry seem to have small keys.

If I was you I would go into an O2 shop and look at the phones and play with them to see if any suit you.

Mate, go with the Blackberry. I have big hands and can type on them easily. The design is better for bigger fingers. I couldn't get on with the Nokia keyboard.

They all have same spec cameras.

R u wanting to keep your network provider O2 have a look round networks like 3 are cheaper than O2 and u will get better deals. Your best bet is to go to phone shops that do different networks and you will be able to see what phones suits you.

R u wanting to keep your network provider O2 have a look round networks like 3 are cheaper than O2 and u will get better deals. Your best bet is to go to phone shops that do different networks and you will be able to see what phones suits you.
Just be careful you have coverage though I signed up with 3 for 18 months good deal shame I had to go outside to use the damned phone though.

Personally after having 2 blackberry curves i would not ever touch them again!

the signals on them are totally rubbish,

i was constantly on the WIFI Booster RIM Signal considering they where meant to be 3g phones.

I was getting missed calls from november - in january

the cameras are not that good and there is no flash.

the internet on them are quite good

the Sony Walkman phones are good, and can be very robust i used to have a W910i and dropped it several times, and it still worked!

i now have an iphone - although this is my 2nd one after an accident a few weeks ago after putting my 1st one down on my laptop and it slid onto the floor n smashed the screen! Cost