Freezer Socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No this is a brand new kettle that she bought because she thought the old one was faulty. Its not always the kettle, sometimes its the microwave. At other times either can be switched on with no problems.Individual rcbos would help but shes not long had the split load board fitted and doesnt want to pay for another new one.
Just had one other thought...

or is it Two...

anyway..

Have the circuits been Insulation resistance tested??

And/or have the appliances been PAT tested OR

Ins Res @ 230V??.....

to check if any break down on the circuit somewhere..

which becomes evident when more current (e.g. kettle etc..) is switched on??

:)

Good Evening Specs, Sir.

I have some good news for you. I have just received more medication. So KME and Yourself are alright for another month. :p

:D

is there anything else leaking current?

i would also be of the opinion that perhaps there is already a leakage somewhere and the high current drain of the kettle/toaster and suchlike is just exaggerating the fault that already exists.

is there anything else leaking current?i would also be of the opinion that perhaps there is already a leakage somewhere and the high current drain of the kettle/toaster and suchlike is just exaggerating the fault that already exists.
These are very much my thoughts... more so than random nuisance!? ?:| :|

flat screen TV, PC, low voltage lights, flourescent lights, fridge

anything with a winding(transformer or motor) basically .

can be surprising the things that actually leak to earth inherently without a fault being there.

can you do a ramp test with nothing plugged in/turned on.

then do another one each time as you plug in/turn on each item one by one,

bet you'll notice it gradually going down, hopefully at some point it will drop substantially.

might help to pinpoint the appliance/accessory, thats after youve done your IR and got >50 across all cables.

Ive got a siemans pat tester that does earth leakage, so im going to test so her fridge etc, trouble is this job is just a favour for my neigbour really, and not much of an earner so i dont want to spend much time there.Sometimes it can go 2 weeks without tripping at all.