French Electrics

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as im led to believe it is wired in uk spec in Kuwait. Its a land rig im heading for though so the chances are itl be american wiring systems. Can cause problems as they use black as the live in single phase installations, although since we became "harmonized" it has got a little less confusing!!!
oooohhhhhhh, hhhhhoooooo, huuuummmmmm

black white and green, what ones the neutral,???

got some good bangs from them the first time i saw them, talk about fricking confusing trying to get your head around it sometimes.!!!

tho i do believe its a lot better nowadays.

Steps, could you advise me about testing in France. I'll test what I do as I would test in the UK. Is there any odd extras that France requires?Also I'm under the impression that in France unless the installation is a new-build or a complete re-wire then EDF do not require a certificate?

Also I've found a book that doesn't exsist! There is an English translation of L'Installation Electrique that I've found on the web! Happy days! :D

Also Step's I missed you, I thought the smell of horse had cleared up a bit! :^O ]:)
I would concur my learned friend, (new build only really)

tho its been a few years now, and to be honest we had a french guy sorted out the paperwork side of stuff for us, but he tested hardly anything,! ?:|

oohh, that book sounds good, that was a good find. :)

hope it all goes good for you, and, after all ,,,

we are all getting harmonised now so should be a lot simpler.

I think we about the only country that doesnt use double pole breakers TBH,

almost everyone else uses them AFAIK,

could this be why UK prices for RCBOs are artificially inflated.??? ?:|

to be honest we had a french guy sorted out the paperwork side of stuff for us, but he tested hardly anything,! ?
I have seen what seems to be a copy of the French Electrical certificates.

ONE PAGE! That's it! :eek:

I guess the Gallic life is to busy with wine, good food and ladies to bother with form filling! :^O