fun and games :/

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkss

DNO Jointer
Reaction score
down the girlfreinds tonight (im still ayoung un :) ) her mother asked me to read the gas and electric meters, simple enough....

ow the games began,

its all on sub meters, 1 house (the gf's), 1 flat, 1 old cottage and 1 big old building. all totaly seprate but the supply comes in to 'the old building'

gas first,

bodged, got NGG out, confirmed it fraud team out monday to disconect. turns out all the 4 parts of the building come off the gas meter in the basement. what according to NGG dont even exist! so thats the start of it all the new pipewor connected to a meter thats over 60years old and hasent had a bill paid for that long on it!

then to the electric part, :/

3 phase comeing into the main building and used throughout as its a large commercial building, looked at the cut out today with the landlords permisson to see if there was a main meter to find the supplier out for my gf's mom, yes there was one old but there was one, with tail out to a 3p board normal set up, not a henley in site, feeds to the house flat ect in the board?

no, nothing

back down the celler,

trace where the mains come in, all clear enough then goes into a room still in the basment but hard to get in, i gets in there.... 3 swas all 25mm the feeds to the other buildings, before the cutout of the main building alarm bells start ringing to me,

3 seprate joints on the cable,

all encapsulated...

haveing the great job of being a jointer for the DNO (CN) i call straight threw to my supervisor, explain how the gas as been a lash up and whats is beging to look like the electrics gone the same way,

checks the works laptop on the maps, the 3p supply is shown thats all legit fine

have the system checked did we put the joints in?

no.

so turns out theres a scam been going on.

free electric and gas for everyone!!

if only it was that easy

revenue team out monday from us now, full investgation gonna take place

my gf only been in 6months

the others....

4 years no bills :|

landlord tells them to keep it quite...

the brown stuffs gonna hit the fan i think!

rant over :^O

Some pics of both the Electric and Gas set up AFTER BOTH investigations have been completed, and any action (if any) has been taken against the appropriate person(s) would be good.

Sparkss - So are a cable Jointer for your local DNO eh?

Would you like me to change your title to include "DNO"? If so - what is your preffered wording?

It amazes me what goes on. I had a customer who had a meter in a seperate barn it was a board meter too. She had never had anybody reading it. She has moved now but I think it was sorted before she moved. I think the worst ones are the drug factories my mate who worked for a dno had to disconnect a few he said they had been professionally connected to the incoming cable quite frightening though.

Batty

I did a job in Preston where a domestic installer had put some tails stright to the supply before the meter to run another small db for a shower and fan, the old lady said it had been done for about 2 years, so she had 2 years of free showers.

I would imagine that the brown stuff will hit a very big fan and spread all over the landlord on this one.

I would expect some prosecutions to be brought against the electricians and the landlord. However we will have to wait and see.

Keep us posted.