funds are getting tight!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
guys not had anything on for the past fortnight as was wondering if anyone has sold any tools/eqpt recently and if you get a reasonable rate. I did have a few lads working for me and now have stood still a few drills ladders test eqpt etc all in good condition so thought is it worth hanging on or getting a few quid if the rates are ok??

thanks

Carl

guys not had anything on for the past fortnight as was wondering if anyone has sold any tools/eqpt recently and if you get a reasonable rate. I did have a few lads working for me and now have stood still a few drills ladders test eqpt etc all in good condition so thought is it worth hanging on or getting a few quid if the rates are ok??thanks

Carl
join the club

:(

Just sold my spare set of meters - got mft and kept second seperate set but have now sold them - didn't get a very good price on ebay, considered selling them when I got my mft and checked prices then on ebay but decided to keep hold of them but sold them 2 weeks ago and got half I would have got 6 months ago.

You could whack them on TEF auctions?it's free
Since most of us on here are bemoaning the lack of work, hence funds, who the heck is likely to buy them?

Keep your kit (you worked hard to afford, and buy, them in the first place) and try to hold out for the better times. It's important that you opt to lose the luxuries before the essentials. Your tools are the means to feed the family, keep them till the bitter end.

J

times are hard, but as has been said,,,,,

how hard do times need to be before you sell your actual means of putting bread and butter on the table?

OK if you have duplicate stuff, then sell away at it.

in all honesty, Im wanting/looking to buy some gear myself, (am trying to put the company back together in the UK soon).

but the way the market is I wont give anywhere near what it was worth a year ago, everyone is selling excess gear so supply and demand make the value.