Garage Supply , 80 Metre Run

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about calcs for Zs????

Whether the customer minds if the lighting dims a bit does not matter, the install either complies with the regs, or it does not.. YOU have to sign that it does [including volt drop], and part p applies too...

john...
I agree. but just because the volts drop is greater than 3% does not mean that it doesn't meet the regulations. Reg 525.202 says that the 3%/5% limits are basically there for if you cannot guarantee  proper operation as per 525.1 (ie lowest voltage must be greater than the lower limit of the product).

Zs is another thing all together though and I suspect that could be a struggle.

He could "just" use the maximum for the supply characteristics..........
Lets just hope it is TNCS then ;)

Have you measured Ze?  Can't calculate What Zs might be if you haven't.
Ive not measured Ze yet on the TN-S , I'm hoping its low , amendment 3 is now 1.15 max on ring with temperature factor

also had 10 metres trimmed off , its 70 metres run now which could make all the difference 

Ive not measured Ze yet on the TN-S , I'm hoping its low , amendment 3 is now 1.15 max on ring with temperature factor

also had 10 metres trimmed off , its 70 metres run now which could make all the difference 
If it is going to be on a 32A type B that doesn't sound right.

leave it outside another few hours and itll have 60mtr trimmed off...
lol , oh that did make me chuckle

Dal Roberts said:
lol , oh that did make me chuckle
theres also a 70 ft oak tree in the vicinity I'm contemplating using the swa to make a summer swing crack open a beer and let someone else with more experience than me take on the job at this rate