Garden wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
todays job: locate buried/flooded junction boxes & replace with resin joints

considering the terminations are flooded, i was surprised IR was >299 once i removed cables from box

DSCF5497.jpg

DSCF5498.jpg

DSCF5511.jpg

DSCF5513.jpg

DSCF5515.jpg

DSCF5516.jpg

Thats quite a hole there - take much finding?
took ages finding them. digging holes, following cables etc. customer done most of the digging though

there is still 1 jb missing that i know of, but im almost certain its under a path. but IR is >10. all others were < 0.01

took 4 hours to locate & re-do 5 of them

Sheesh - what a pain! once the JB is located, does the resin joint take much doing? Ive never done one myself but have been asked a few times now about garden electrics

not much to it. re-terminate cables, fit case around joint, tape ends, play with resin bag, pour in, fit lid and your done

and if it isnt taped enough and resin starts to leak, squash soil against it.... (last pic)

Bet they were fun to hunt out! Judging by the way the cables are all twisted around in the holes I'm surprised you managed to trace anything.

Resin joints aren't to bad to do, much better than burying anything that isnt even sealed!!

The other halfs at work and the mad mutts asleep so I'm having a catch up! :D

Latest posts