Gdx Intercoms And Intercoms In General

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I occasionally have to add new or move intercom handsets about against my will, I just have to do it as no one else will. So I'm looking for a little enlightenment as to a problem I've had a few times...

When moving one I note the connections disconnect one at a time then tape up the ends then It comes to reconnecting I do the reverse and It won't work!

Do some intercoms have a connection sequence?

I checked the manual for the GDX I was working on today and it mentioned nothing!

I had this today in a house full of cats with sticky carpets and I wasn't able to complete the job and I don't really want to go back But I will reluctantly in a paper suit and gas mask.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...

New position it was a dud but I think this was mainly due to being surrounded by cat crap & wanting out!

I reconnected I the old position (near the front door) It still didn't work the I disconnected and re-connected in a different order and bingo it worked.

;

One of the basic ones then. Unlikely to be a connection order, I'd connect +12V last out of habit, the other wires/terminals are nothing special. Most likely a wiring error.

Memory fuzzy......does that rig use CAN bus connection?
In the main panel to door unit connection, and RS485/422 or somesuch. Not in the handset connections though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like I've never swapped out three new PSU's on a 48 volt DC system before realising there was a second power switch hidden at the back............