gloworm 35CI main PCB upgrade

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u07jrb

Reaction score
Hi.

The PCB on my gloworm 35CI broke P/N 801915 and the updated model for this is now P/N 2000802038.

On changing the PCB, the old PN had a H6 pin which went to the controls board.  The new card doesn't have a H6 pin but has a H9 pin instead. 

Not wanting to bust the board I haven't connected yet.  On startup without connecting the controls board to anything, the heating comes on even though its switched off, prob due to no power to controls board. 

Does anyone know anything about this?  Do I connect to H9 or somewhere else?

You might have trouble here. I found this

Part No. 2000802038. Earlier version was 801915
  PLEASE CHECK TYPE FITTED TO YOUR BOILER!

This is the type fitted to later versions of the boiler, if it is this one fitted in your boiler do not fit the earlier type! This needs no wiring conversion, unlike the early type, so will just plug and go.
This later type has a lightweight high frequency switched mode PSU.
We also supply the original type with the heavy mains transformer. See our other items.

it looks like there is some wiring to be done.

a lot of suppliers refuse to accept returns for PCBs as they are very sensitive (PCB and suppliers ;))

it says to me that to fit the new type into the old type boiler, a wiring conversion needs doing. Were there any instructions with the new pcb?

Call me daft if you like but why not get the right part for the boiler? 

There's a few places out there who do serviced exchange pcbs 

what at exactly is wrong with the pcb? Can you not fix it?

Someone told me it was the right part just upgraded.  I guess I will have to get the old part fixed.  The new part had all the same connections as the old part with the exception of one terminal.  Without a wiring diagram I can't tell wher the wire goes. I think rob was right.  It's a wiring job.

Someone told me it was the right part just upgraded.  I guess I will have to get the old part fixed.  The new part had all the same connections as the old part with the exception of one terminal.  Without a wiring diagram I can't tell wher the wire goes. I think rob was right.  It's a wiring job.

Was the someone who told you this in any way qualified to be giving such advice?