Grinders

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's correct Matty my Makita one does that ok for cutting threaded rod but cuts out when hot I think to save the battery ull probably be best wi a corded one IMHO think there only bout

I'm not a great fan of battery tools TBH rather go for powered tools. Just have the Makita Batt drill. Not many jobs now have no power on site.
These new Li ion battery tools are a revolution! I remember roughing in the kit houses with a 240v drill and the cable getting caught or stuck or the plug getting pulled out by accident, it was never where I needed it either. Nowadays I use a 18volt 3.0ah hilti, 1 battery on charge(takes 30mins) the other battery will last half a day with a good auger bit, can keep in on my tool belt so its always there when I need it too!

i can highly recommend the Bosch Corded Grinder!

i bought one for strreety for xmas with his 36v cordless drill!

I like my cordless angle grinder mainly 'cos I don't have to carry one of them big yellow batteries around for it! :coat

Cordless angle grinder [18v Dewalt] + wheel clamp = NO contestI would never use a grinder in occupied premises, ever.... :coat
a mate of mine had this hydraulic cutter that you simply pumped up,

NO noise, NO sparks, nothing to draw attention to you at all, :D

took about 5mins though to get it sheared!

turned out to be a modified porta-power, he reckons the FB have them and battery operated so are like a 30 second job!