Handyman and electrics

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Asked to pat test some items in a rented property and give it a once over

new bathroom and kitchen in a groundfloor flat

try to isolate cooker but not happy that the shower isolator is next to it.

fuse box ,,,,pull the shower fuse and cooker goes off :eek:

30 amp fuse supplying electric cooker,hob,shower 2.5kw,6kw,8.5kw

in 6mm

handyman had rewired new shower as he had found the old one :_|

if he was a sparky he would have known it was a no no

reported it to letting agency and asked to quote

Theory most landlords will not part with there money that is what I have found. Luckily I don't get asked anymore to do this S..T work.

Batty

I can not wait until these vulture type of landlords are taken to account for the total disregard for their tennants safety.

I like to keep a fry up on the go while I'm in the shower... wee hatch through the wall, stretch thru with me shower cap on etc.

That infringe any regs?? ; \

I like to keep a fry up on the go while I'm in the shower... wee hatch through the wall, stretch thru with me shower cap on etc.That infringe any regs?? ; \
yes, the hatch needs to be large enough so you can put out the fire with the shower without entering the kitchen

yes, the hatch needs to be large enough so you can put out the fire with the shower without entering the kitchen
Luvin it :^O

never use the shower on hot fat - will explode

Dampen your towel, turn of the cooker, smoother fire with damp towel, try your luck wandering arround naked.

Remember not to answer the door

never use the shower on hot fat - will explodeDampen your towel, turn of the cooker, smoother fire with damp towel, try your luck wandering arround naked.

Remember not to answer the door
aswell as being a vet & part time wannabe sparky, are you also a trainee firefighter?!

and do you damped towel by getting dried with it first?!

aswell as being a vet & part time wannabe sparky, are you also a trainee firefighter?!and do you damped towel by getting dried with it first?!
We have a load of retained firemen arround here and I was about to operate on a cow's twisted stomach when the farmer/part time fireman's pager went off. He got up and left. I had to wait 20 mins for his brother to turn up with a sedated cow flat out :eek:

in response to your question - use the shower to wet the towel and drip dry - more fun that way :D