harmonistaion is the fault of everything

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know all that, obviously. What I meant was I thought that the network was now all PME, as in they have been adding lots of earthing points so all the TN-C-S is now PME by default. Can't remember where I read it, might have something referred to on here once. Might have also been slightly unofficial.

New earthing points are added when the network is extended, altered or repared and on new connections. The kits I use come with an earth electrode which is like steps said kinda like a long pigtail connected to the N/E and sticking out of the joint. 

so proper PME would have a rod just beofe the house that is clearly easy to find and identify???? :pray

Changing tack slightly, how about discussing the pros and cons of assuming everything is PME or T-N-CS?
Not up here. The "rod" is a coil of bare copper cable connected to the CNE and buried in the connection pit. Not accessible at all unless you dig down to the connection.

I witnessed a single new house being connected to a single pole mounted tx. It had it's little coil of earth wire buried in the pit and has a PME sticker next to the supply head.  Tell me where the "multiple" earths are, I only counted ONE.

@ProDave

any other poles or streetlights nearby?
No, one tx from the 11KV overhead for one house.  They in fact install TWO earths in the pit, not connected. One running towards the house which is the LV earth, and one running away from the house which is the HV earth (I guess that earths the case of the tx? Miss S will tell us for sure?)

PME or more correctly CNE

DNO-Tx-03_zpsryjbhgga.jpg.74f3a154c9ada776961ed4198bc2e97a.jpg

TN-S

DNO-Tx-04_zpsbolz0zox.jpg.69c8c44d57f0474c532d061f4fdbcc6c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: