Has anyone heard about newly launched Energitech electric radiators?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyh

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

I recently watched the Ideal World channel, who were demonstrating a new brand of electric radiators called Energitech.

I thought I'd post a link for those interested to have a look and perhaps post some opinions? The link is here (click Search)

Search

Regards,

martyh

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been discussed before.

1KW of electric heating, is 1KW of electric heating. They are all 100% efficient, there's nothing to differentiate one from the next apart from style and appearance.

Oh and these have some built in controls, be that timers or thermostats.

Anybody that buys one of these expecting it to be cheaper to run, than say a Dimplex panel heater, is going to be disappointed.

Is there any advantage ProDave in having radiant heat, rather than convected heat, especially in a drafty flat?

Also, what do you think about the fact (which they demonstrate with their videos and on air) that once up to desired temperature the core retains heat for substantially longer periods than rivals?

(Not that I can afford them of course anyway)!

:Neil

Radiant heat heats objects, such as you, rather than heating the air. So as soon as you turn off the heat source it goes cold very quickly.

Convected heat heats the air, and the heated air then warms you, so it takes longer to warm up, but then stays warm for longer when you turn the heater off.

Those heaters that "retain heat" just means they have a larger thermal mass. you don't get something for nothing, they take longer to heat up when you turn them on.

Sort out the draughts first, that will make a substantial saving to your heating bills, much more so that trying to find a more efficient heater.