Have I F'd up?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sincerely thanks guys. I know I sound like a moron not knowing what you guys probably all consider the basics, but I'm trying to learn this stuff, and thanks to you guys, I have a lot more understanding now.

Thick cables go off to fused isolator, then solar cable into the inverter, Solax in this case, I'll see if I can find a
Sorry, another question. There are lots of things that come up as a fused isolator, could you show me the best thing to use?

Thanks.

Sincerely thanks guys. I know I sound like a moron not knowing what you guys probably all consider the basics, but I'm trying to learn this stuff, and thanks to you guys, I have a lot more understanding now.
It's quite a confusing topic, I am far from expert in the field of batteries. I buy kits of parts from my fave wholesaler, so I get everything I need and follow the instructions. 😃

In the video you may notice a small white box to the left of the inverter, that's an isolater for the battery rather than a fused isolator, Solax don't seem to fuse the battery side, Solis do. Personally I think it's good practice to fuse the battery side as that seems popular with other battery systems such as your car or caravan. Solis supply Keto fused isolators with fuses in +ve and -ve lines. I like Keto because its a good solid piece of kit, but there's plenty of others available.

It's quite a confusing topic, I am far from expert in the field of batteries. I buy kits of parts from my fave wholesaler, so I get everything I need and follow the instructions. 😃

In the video you may notice a small white box to the left of the inverter, that's an isolater for the battery rather than a fused isolator, Solax don't seem to fuse the battery side, Solis do. Personally I think it's good practice to fuse the battery side as that seems popular with other battery systems such as your car or caravan. Solis supply Keto fused isolators with fuses in +ve and -ve lines. I like Keto because its a good solid piece of kit, but there's plenty of others available.
Excellent Binky, thanks, I'll Google Keto fused isolators. I think I'd agree with Solis on this one, any protection I can give the isolator or anyone around the system has to be good. Thanks yet again for your help.

I looked at a Fox ESS until I spotted in the spec that it needed an HV battery arrangement.

Not your run of the mill Hybrid Inverter, the majority being "48V".

Two Pylontechs in series will work to give "100V", but I only have one, and "48V" isn't enough.

I looked at a Fox ESS until I spotted in the spec that it needed an HV battery arrangement.

Not your run of the mill Hybrid Inverter, the majority being "48V".

Two Pylontechs in series will work to give "100V", but I only have one, and "48V" isn't enough.
Hi Michael, I haven't seen that in my manual, are we talking about the same inverter? Mine are H1 6kw Hybrids.

The actual inverters are both at work, all I took out of the box was the manual that came with them. I'm not 100% sure what a data sheet is, but I'm pretty sure the only document in the box was the manual.

11Sept.JPG

A User Manual or Instruction Manual tends to describe how to install and use an item, with some specifications included.
So the Specification or Data sheet has the fine detail.
This image is from a data sheet, the current manual doesn't mention the battery voltage, older ones online do.

Hi Michael.

Sorry mate, I misunderstood what you were saying (or maybe still am).

I downloaded the manual before I bought the inverters, so have the PDF version too.

I've attached what I think you're meaning.

The part where it says, Battery voltage 85 to 450v, recommended 300v?

Hopefully I'll have a stack of 4 on each in series, so there voltage will be plenty high enough (192v), ⅓ less than recommended, but still much higher than the minimum.

Is that what you were meaning? Useless if you only have the one battery as you say.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-11-09-36-19-95_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-11-09-36-19-95_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts