he M107 over here stop looking at the footy!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to tell about my nightmare job toaday...It's all better now I've sunk a few beers, time for a refil now.

Sorry lads, it went something like this.

Nice little kitchen extend ringmain by 3 sso's & 1x fcu, change florry to 2x pendants, move 2 switches to new location & change for single 2g switch, move ccu by 6ft & install a cooker outlet, install equip bonding to water. All in a small 100-200 year old cottage with a TT system.

Rattles in the extra sockets & run in t/e

On to the lights...take down some studwork & find a ceramic connector & dog nut connecting 2x outside lights to kitchen lighting for line & borrowed neutral off ring no cpc.....****** so decide to rewire the the outside lights using the existing LNE of kitchen lights.

Move the ccu no problems.

Go upstairs to lift floor to run in the 10mm equip bonding....so much for the customer emptying the rooms, in fact the kitchen clutter had been moved to the room I needed to run the cable through.

So it was empty the room run the cable refill the room.

Starts the testing (wont be long then I'm away thinks I).

Ringmain = r1 271 / r2 1.18 / rn .58 B******s.......find & rectify a few problems around the sockets, get the r1 down to 90 ohms, customer refuses to let me lift the laminate in the master bedroom & agrees to me replacing the 30amp 3036 with a 16amp 60898.

Lights = undertake R1+R2 ARRRRGGGGH o/c....runs round the house checking lighting cpc cont at pendants, upstairs ok but downstairs only the one pendant in lounge has cpc cont.

Start tracing t/e from kitchen backwards (gotta be a jb under the floor/ceiling) running upthe stairs I knock the cat bowl over & mash cat food into the cream coloured stair carpet, start thinking why did I get up this morning .... traced the lighting t/e into bathroom & on into the.....NOOOoooo it's in the room full of all the kitchen clutter...so empty the room lift the carpet & boards again, find the jb & sure enough cpc on loop from lounge pendant not connected, so get that sorted & finaly get the kitchen lights tested.

Test rcd (30ma on tails) at socket passes x1 sod all on x5, customer then pipes up "oh yes the plumber that installed the electric shower said it was knackered aswel, that's why he couldn't supply a certificate" Oooooh starting to get to the Hugh Grant stage now "F*** F*** F*** F***ity F***"

Change the rcd for a new MEM 100a 30Ma retest & get the same result.......Flippin heck it's late it's dark & the customer is now blipping on about having to get ready as they are out to dinner with friends in s few hours.

Undertake Ze/Ra test 542 ohms, B***** hell so knocks in 2x rods to get the Ze down to 218 ohms.

Retests rcd x1 17mS x5 29mS

Gets the place all spick & span load the tools onto van, & while supping a brew & chatting to the customer, we get onto the plumber.

"Oh yes he does electrics aswel, in fact he's doing the new kitchen plumbing & said he'd give what you'd done the once over when he's here".

My mate nearly choked on his brew .

I thank you & good night

Patch it was one of those days when you wonder why you ever got out of bed....started so well & just went down hill quicker than John Noakes on a bobsleigh.

Anyway I'm off to bed now so see you all later.

Patch it was one of those days when you wonder why you ever got out of bed....started so well & just went down hill quicker than John Noakes on a bobsleigh.Anyway I'm off to bed now so see you all later.
lol night - my bed time too :z

Patch it was one of those days when you wonder why you ever got out of bed....started so well & just went down hill quicker than John Noakes on a bobsleigh.Anyway I'm off to bed now so see you all later.
:^O :^O

get down shep!!!!