Hearing Impaired alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeatBog

Reaction score
I have recently fitted AICO Ei160RC series of heat and smoke detectors in a house. The lady of the house is deaf so the system includes a hearing impaired unit which has a strobe and vibrating pad.

The client has now asked if I know of a "Hearing impaired" security alarm system.

I don't know of such a system but presumably I could take the output signal of most/any security alarm system and wire it into a relay which could then actuate the AICO Ei408 Switched Input module. Which would set off the Smoke/Heat alarm system including the Hearing Impaired kit.

The EI408 triggers alarms when its contacts are closed.

Obviously the relay would be 12vdc on the control side but switching 230v of the heat/smoke system.

Any comments?

You could connect a SMS module to the alarm and have it send a text message to a mobile phone or pager that she keeps in her pocket?
Is that the same as an Autodialler Noz? Just thinking out aloud as I know Texecom's Autodialler you can have a few telephone numbers on the call list so if she doesnt answer the phone then it would then ring a friend or next door neighbour who could come round and check to see if everything was ok.

You can get smokes etc that will connect to a security alarm,,, but like you say, I don't think it complies
Thats completely different to the intruder alarm activating the Fire alarm though. All good intruder alarms can have a fire input which pulses the sounders and (if connected) send a different message to the monitoring/dialler. The other way round you would not know what the cause of alarm is.

Latest posts