Domestic fire alarm with fault outputs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fault is for indication purposes only, Fire/Alarm is for bells whistles sirens or what ever klaxon you choose.
Two completely different scenarios?

What are you wanting to achieve?

I'm looking for a BS5839:6 Grade A or C basically a domestic fire alarm system.
Am looking for a complete kit. There is no panel, that's what I'm looking for.
Apologies for the confusion the "Fault" word as Kerching says above is wide reaching.
So it's about terminology, by fault I was meaning if the fire alarm activates.
In event of smoke, heat or fire then fire alarm activates, that's what I was calling fault.
I was not referring to an internal panel fault.

Two functions required:
1 - status output volt free
2 - remote reset through an input or remote silence

Last edited:
Fault = Panel goes to fault- Sounders triggered - alarm goes off

Are you sure?

to my mind Fault would be something like battery low, mains failure, alarm gives Fault indication.. e.g. LED warning, intermittent beep, warble etc..

whereas Sounders triggers & alarm goes off only when the sensor element has detected either, smoke, heat, carbon monoxide etc.. at a sufficient level to require preventive action, building evacuation etc..

I am trying to think of any system I have ever seen that triggers the main sounders during a fault condition???

Not sure I have seen this arrangement?

I think kevin-5 is confusing the issue with his terminology.

In event of smoke, heat or fire then fire alarm activates, that's what I was calling fault

He doesn't mean fault as in, low battery, detector removed etc, he means alarm condition.

1 - status output volt free
But then he wants a status ouput? (I have no idea what he means by that)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

☺️ Kevin-5 I may have found the answer you may want to look at Click here. It is something I found, not tried it, but it seems to have all that you want.

I think kevin-5 is confusing the issue with his terminology.

He doesn't mean fault as in, low battery, detector removed etc, he means alarm condition.

But then he wants a status ouput? (I have no idea what he means by that)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

☺️ Kevin-5 I may have found the answer you may want to look at Click here. It is something I found, not tried it, but it seems to have all that you want.
Thank you.
Hush-active looks very promising. It's also 24V so no need to run twin and earth or power cables.
Aico will check as well.

not wanting to state the obvious, but 230v or 24v, you still need a power cable...
Ok, lol. The long answer would be 24V is low voltage no need to run twin and earth or power cable fit to carry up to 600V. Low voltage cable would be enough.