Heat Shrink

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiles1

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just wondered what your methods are for heat shrinking I have spoke to different sparks and they all do it different, I'm only talking about 1.5 and 2.5 cables and also where is the best place to buy these and what size everyone uses. Thanks all

On smaller stuff I just use my lighter, which is always in my pocket:^O

For any larger stuff I use a gas gun like the type plumbers use to burn through your cables:_|

You can get most of the stuff in packs from the wholesalers or in rolls and in all sorts of colours.

Hot air gun me..Which in my opinion is best...

:D
I agree and is the correct way to do it, direct flame if used badly will burn the heat shrink and lower the insulation capabilities

I agree and is the correct way to do it, direct flame if used badly will burn the heat shrink and lower the insulation capabilities
I've used many times in front of customers, they've been well impressed...

I'm not sure if I should ask this but why would a vet use heat shrink, is it a new way to dress wounds? ]:)

I'm not sure if I should ask this but why would a vet use heat shrink, is it a new way to dress wounds? ]:)
my gf does like to suck the hoover cable into the rotating brushes - heatshrink makes a tidy job of the ragged outer insulation.

I also use it for some other general repairs (I have a ratchet crimper)

But the next time I need to splint a hamster............ ;)