Heatshrink sleeving

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Liocal' is that a Cornish dialect coming out m8.... :) :D or just that wireless keyboard inserting the letters it missed out of the previous post??? ?:| :^O :^O

When I have been holidaying down Cornwall I reckon I have seen some spark's in the sea using really big heat shrink as a body suit....

one length up each arm and leg and a really big one over the torso'

lie in the sun... wait for shrinkage... then go in the sea with the ole surf board!!!! :) ]:) ] :)
Love it!!!! :^O :^O:^O There are actually several sparks in the seal sanctuary - full length suit and forgot to make holes for arms and legs!

I tend to steer clear of heat shrink, instead I use the "Hellermann Tyton" stretchy rubber sleeve thingies that you have to use what is known in the trade as a "***** stretcher" to slip them over the connection.

Nice and tight (just how I like it) and waterproof to some extent, though this does depend on the (dare I say it) lube that is used.

Excellent point m8! I haven`t used that stuff myself; but I`ve seen it used; and remember thinking that I`d have to try it. Completely forgotten about it until you brought it up.

1 "Scoob" for you :DB)

Love it!!!! :^O :^O:^O There are actually several sparks in the seal sanctuary - full length suit and forgot to make holes for arms and legs!
Is that the seal sanctuary at Gweek?

round the corner from Helston & Culdrose?

I love it down that end of the country!! :D :D

Excellent point m8! I haven`t used that stuff myself; but I`ve seen it used; and remember thinking that I`d have to try it. Completely forgotten about it until you brought it up.1 "Scoob" for you :DB)
Thankyou, I'll save it for later. :D

I was impressed with the range City Electrical had on offfer - don't normally use them - but in the liocal branch they offered a large range of colours and sizes in 0.5m lenghts on a 'select it yourself' stand - so you don't feel a numpty asking for something that doesn't exist! Bear in mind heat shrink goes to approx 1/3rd of its starting size. Sometimes not as good as you would like for crimped connections!
The Don's boys use this supplier for their heatshrink, although this has been given a hefty price rise since their new catalogue.

Don

The Don's boys use this supplier for their heatshrink, although this has been given a hefty price rise since their new catalogue.Don
I wasn`t aware that CEF had branced out to Sicily, Mr. Don, sir.

Thought you had to get it all from the local family - as it were.