hello and thank you.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazm

Reaction score
Hi I'm Karen. Found this site while searching for a solution to a storage heater problem. I found the forum very useful and am enjoying reading through it. Thanks ;)

Yeah, the reset switch on a Dimplex heater. Good advice to same problem on earlier threads. Managed to find a download for manufacturers instructions with diagrams. If I hadn't dried a heavy cotton throwover on it, it wouldn't have happened :yellow card :)

Yeah, the reset switch on a Dimplex heater. Good advice to same problem on earlier threads. Managed to find a download for manufacturers instructions with diagrams. If I hadn't dried a heavy cotton throwover on it, it wouldn't have happened :yellow card :)
Well done for admitting your mistake Karen. To my understanding when the average electrician attends a fault like this the homeowner normally deny's ever putting anything on top of the heater. Even though they normally have a sign stating "do not cover". Welcome to the forum. I take it you are just a user of electrical products, not someone training to work in the industry? If so our DIY section would be the place to ask anything else you may need to know.

Doc H.

Correct~won't be drying anything on it again. Not an electrician but better at d.i.y than housework. Great site folks : O)

Karen, buy yourself a creel for the clothes and a dehumidifier.

They always come up second hand in the yellow advertiser.

You then have a stock of salt-free water for your iron.

The de-hum is pennies to run.

Welcome to the club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice Technician. Heater toasty warm this a.m. Thanks all.

Welcome to the forum Karen,

It's good to have you on-board. :D