Help please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Druid,

WPD will not remove a 951 clamp without cutting the incoming cable first!

From the horses mouth as it were as I had 2 jointers out the other Sunday a.m. to a melted cut out.

TN-S with a 951 clamp.

They gave me the lowdown on the why's & wherefores.

Quite a lot of detail too to be fair.

All I can say is if you mess with one (not specifically you Druid, I mean anyone) then you are risking a lot more than a row off the DNO!!!

951 clamp is designed for collecting to pipe not to cable so its not compliant with 7671 to use a clamp on a cable.

once again , thanks for the advice, i realise how dangerouse it is to mess about with tns old incoming sheath and as its not my responsibility as anything pretty much upto c.u is resposibility of d.n.o and suppliers, the crazy thing is how many of tns supplys have this problem, sidewinder did you read earlier on in this thread how this problem was solved by a dno by using a braided clamp, how do i solve this as no way am i messing around with it much obliged

Druid,

You should be able to get the DNO to remove the 951 IF it is dangerous.

They would then want to convert to TN-C-S.

IF you can persuade them to stay with TN-S then they may fit a constant force spring as you get in a resin underground SWA joint.

They will probably have a braid to connect this to the MET, as a braid is easier to interface with a constant force spring.

HTH

thankyou sidewinder, like I said earlier its crazy the amount of times ive seen this situation, iv never dealt with it before , just left well alone and adviced as dangerous, but as its friends i would like to help

thankyou sidewinder, like I said earlier its crazy the amount of times ive seen this situation, iv never dealt with it before , just left well alone and adviced as dangerous, but as its friends i would like to help
Its amazing how things have changed Dno where using 951 clamps on lead cables from mid sixties until they changed to TNCS we have whole estates were I live with them on never been a problem and unless they are not fixed tightly they really should not be a problem. I cannot see DNO changing them it would cost them millions digging all the streets and peoples drives up to take them off it will never happen.

Latest posts