Help wanted on 2391 past paper

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offence but I'm not about to answer a 3.5 hr paper in its entirety for you. What parts are you stuck on? You would be best having a crack at it and asking more specific questions as and when you get stuck.

Sorry Rev James,

You are totally correct, I have little practical experience and it was a cheap shot.

The main question I was a bit stuck on was Number 23. 5 items to be checked on the erection of swa cable?

1 Clipping distances

2 correct connections

3 no visible damage

4 correct fittings

5 correct rcd

and the drawing the earth fault loop path for the new lighting circuit in the car park. I will draw it and post it up.

Thanks for any help.

What part of 23 was you stuck on?

The answer i put for that were,

1 Banjo's fitted

2 Armoured strands correctley fitted

3 Shroud's fitted

4 Core identification

5 Correct radious of any bends that are required

P.S I had my result and failed the exam

So may not be the best to answer the question for .

What part of 23 was you stuck on?The answer i put for that were,

1 Banjo's fitted

2 Armoured strands correctley fitted

3 Shroud's fitted

4 Core identification

5 Correct radious of any bends that are required

P.S I had my result and failed the exam

So may not be the best to answer the question for .
that may be due to the fact the Q was about erection, not termination,

1 2 3 4 would be termination.

yiu could also check right sized swa is checked before installation. and no mechanical damage of armoured during transit

This question was on my 2391 exam which I took late october. The answer to it lies in the list of items in the schedule of inspection. Forget the bit about it being swa cable and lookfor what you would inspect for any cable!!!

Hope that makes sense without giving you the actual answerput the kettle on

i got these in my exam in dec and still think c&g need to give more detail in what they wan`t before they get arse`ey about giving marks out for half giving questions.

what would the answers be for q 25. anybody help out there ??????????

Strictly speaking you shouldn't have a copy of that paper because centres are required to either destroy all question papers or return them to City & Guilds.

can anybody show me how to work out what would the answer be for q 25a.

anybody help out there ? thanks.

can anybody show me how to work out what would the answer be for q 25a. anybody help out there ? thanks.
Can not see details very well from your pic but method is

Zs = Ze + (R1 + R2)

So Ze is given to you I take it so You need to work out the rest and add to gether

Find R1 + R2 values per mtr for cable size and multiply by cable length given

Simples

what would the answers be for q 25. anybody help out there ??????????
the table above question 21 gives you the answer to question 25 m8 , the table refers to temperature conductor at 20 degrees , the question refers to a lighting circuit so you might be tempted to use the figures for 1.5 mm2 cable however its 2.5mm2 as explained in the scenario at the start of the 6 questions

im sure its 14.82x35=518.7/1000=0.5187 so R1+R2= 0.5187 + ZE 0.4 so ZS = ZE+R1+R2

ZS =0.9187 (0.92)

Rule of thumb would be ZS= 1.02

Im sure this is right if not please correct me

ZS =0.9187 (0.92)

Rule of thumb would be ZS= 1.02

should that not rule of thumb ZS= 1.72

searley and mr. t....

are you two getting confused about rule of thumb?

when i was a lad ... :z ....rule of thumb was all about correcting a max Zs value for temperature...(from 7671 ONLY!) ( max Zs values from osg or gn3 are already corrected for ambient and conductor operating temperature)

basically the only ref to max Zs i can see there is in Q25 c)... i.e. Zs = 1.44 ohms.......

..........so 1.44 x 0.8 = 1.152 ohms.

or has everything changed now?.... lol

Latest posts