Help with circuit breaker please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi again stickamup,

Re the missing blank plate...

If this was a PIR, NICEIC good practice guide suggests a missing blank plate is a Code 1.. Urgent. action required.

if you dont have a plate I strongly suggest you get one and clip it in ASAP.

e.g. wylex,

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=ITUY41QDKGBPACSTHZOCFFY?_dynch****t=UTF-8&fh_search=45114

MK

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=ITUY41QDKGBPACSTHZOCFFY?_dynch****t=UTF-8&fh_search=71995#

Crabtree

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=ITUY41QDKGBPACSTHZOCFFY?_dynch****t=UTF-8&fh_search=93223

one of these would probably fit..

or you can go a source a proper legrand one?

try your local electrical wholesaler or even B&Q Depot would probably have some?

thank you very much all.

I am in a rented property, but the landlord is suddenly proving elusive and i was hoping that there would be a quick fix or a trick that someone in the know could give me.

Sine it sounds a bit more of a problem than that I'll get someone in and bill the landlord if i can't get hold of him.

Main problem is that the boiler is on that circuit so no central heating.

Once again, thank you all very much for your help

Is that the new style in Wales, carpets on the ceiling :| :|
??????

Well...yeah.

Hasn`t everyone else then? :eek:

I mean to say - carpets - self explanatory word really - go on the ceiling.

What EXACTLY is the problem with my shagpile lounge ceiling?????

:^O :p :^O

thank you very much all.I am in a rented property, but the landlord is suddenly proving elusive
Well surprise, surprise.

Did you rent the place recently? Is your deposit held by a third party as recently came in by law?

I hope so because it gives you a fighting chance. Write to the landlord via a recorded letter stating the problems with your electrics. In it say that if the problem is not solved by him/her within 30 days you will get an electrician in yourself. State in the letter that you will charge the cost to him/her.

Putting it in writing will shake most landlords into action as you have proof (due to the recorded/signed for letter) of complaint. They cannot take it out of your deposit as the third party has to adjudicate on yours and the landlords behalf and you have written evidence that you informed the landlord and gave reasonable time (30 days) for them to fix the problem.

I've rented for a long time until recently and the amount of crap I've had off landlords and unreasonable withholds of deposit was unbelievable! It's time the tables were turned against these b@stards (sorry Welsh/Admin's and moderators, but that word is justifiable!) When I moved down to the south I was given no choice but to stump up

Evening MR S...

you up again?

dont you have a bed to go too? :(

Agree with what you say about writing (signed for/recorded letter)..

I was also going to suggest that stickamup requests to see the previous electrical certificate off the landord...

find out when OR IF it has ever

been checked..

It all looks mighty dodgey to me?? ?:| :| X(

Evening MR S...you up again?

dont you have a bed to go too? :(
I do, but I signed off work until next Wednesday and to celebrate I went out on the 'razzle-dazzle' with some good mates tonight. Haven't done that for a while! :D

I do, but I signed off work until next Wednesday and to celebrate I went out on the 'razzle-dazzle' with some good mates tonight. Haven't done that for a while! :D
Obviously not too much razzle cuz you can still put a cohesive sentence together!! :)

Mind you.... :D

I dont know how long you took to type it ]:)

Well surprise, surprise.It's time the tables were turned against these b@stards (sorry Welsh/Admin's and moderators, but that word is justifiable!) When I moved down to the south I was given no choice but to stump up