Help"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all

the problem was a wire had been cut through! the job is a full house refurbishment and i ran the wires about ten weeks ago and moved on to other parts of the refurb i had removed nearly all of the old wiring but there are 4 or 5 people working on the job and i think someone cut through the wire thinking it was an old wire.

the reason i didnt pick this up straight away was because i got a reading of 25.4 ohms on the cpc i knew this was not correct but i didnt think if a wire was cut through i would get any reading and i guess there lies my ignorance. however the following morning i went back to basic conected up the wander lead and tested from socket to socket working from one end till i found the problem and from the other end untill i isolated the problem. i lifted up the floorboards and found the severed wire and replaced it.

i re-tested and got 0.74 ohms on the line and neutral and 1.22 ohms on the cpc end to end. on the line and earth measure at the sockets i got 0.5 ohms

Once again thanks!

Thanks very much for letting us know. It's amazing how many people have a pair of sidecutters in their possession. Maybe they should be licensed !.