Hi Could do with a hand please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santa1981

Reaction score
Hi guys

My name is Steve and i have done and completed my 2330 level 2 and 3, my 2382 and also have a Cscs card. My dream is to be a fully qualified electrician. I have been working installing and fitting bathrooms for the past 3 years but with little chance to progress any further within the company I yern to ultimately become a fully qualifeid electrician. I wish I had chosen an apprenteship straight from school but having not I have to reach my goals by other routes.

I am really asking for help in what is best for me to do. I have read threads belittling the option of an Electicians Mate and working for free for experience or to gain the NVQ3. I a keen worker and will never shy from anything, I just seek the oppotunity to become a qualifed and respectible electrcian.

Thanks for reading

Steve

Best is call around local companies to see I they have any jobs doing for mates or adult learners to build your experience and complete your nvq

Hi guysMy name is Steve and i have done and completed my 2330 level 2 and 3, my 2382 and also have a Cscs card. My dream is to be a fully qualified electrician. I have been working installing and fitting bathrooms for the past 3 years but with little chance to progress any further within the company I yern to ultimately become a fully qualifeid electrician. I wish I had chosen an apprenteship straight from school but having not I have to reach my goals by other routes.

I am really asking for help in what is best for me to do. I have read threads belittling the option of an Electicians Mate and working for free for experience or to gain the NVQ3. I a keen worker and will never shy from anything, I just seek the oppotunity to become a qualifed and respectible electrcian.

Thanks for reading

Steve
Hello Steve welcome to the forum. I am not sure that people have suggested that offering to work for free is not a good way to gain hands on experience. The fast track training courses are considered a lesser quality option. Or established business quoting jobs at unsustainable low rates are an unwise choice. But for a newly qualified person wanting to get out on real jobs for experience, a free pair of hands as a mate is not a bad idea. Unfortunately current Health & Safety & Insurance issues can be a stumbling block for a trader considering taking on a helper.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator: