Hi!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you, it is never too late to become a spark (unless you are dead already) seen some work by some that looks like they should be.Do you know of any friendly electricians in your area where you might be able to get some experiance as a sparks mate, say weekends for free or very little wage?
i was hoping to get on the 2330 course at my local college and then do as you say,(re: http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1316) but i think the available spaces have been taken up with people already in the trade, I'll see what happens then really push for it.(if you know what i mean)

Go for it mate, you never know what you will achieve if you dont at least try.

2330 is a good start, at least it will make you aware in the eyes of a prospective employer & that you have kids might also go in your favour with some.

It's all very confusing refering to all your courses as 4 numbers - for us outsiders. Atleast with abbreviations we have a hope in hell of working out what it stands for!

You might as well give it a bash - you'll regret it if you dont. Good luck.

Sorry apache, the 2330 is the eclectro technical qualification & is a good start if you want to get into this trade.

Sorry apache, the 2330 is the eclectro technical qualification & is a good start if you want to get into this trade.
Thanks for that. Do the numbers mean anything in themselves? Are higher numbers higher qualifications? Or are new numbers thought up when a new course is?

I hope not - because that would mean that the Pat Testing course (2377) is higher than the (2330). :eek:

Apache this might help a little.

C&G 2330 as already mentioned is the electrical installation qual (now replaced by C&G 2351)

C&G 2381 is the 16th edition regs qual (i believe the 17th edition qual is C&G 2382)

C&G 2391 in the inspection and testing qual

Thery the main three you need to self certify, so you will often hear people say they have 2330, 2381, and 2391.

But there are other courses such as 2340 (installation design), 2377(PAT testing), etc.

At present in my drunken stateGuiness Drink i believe the above information to be correct:D

Thanks chaps, very helpful. The C&G seem to just number there vast range of courses. 23** seems to signify electrical.

off to bed. nigh:O (yawn not shock)

Thanks chaps, very helpful. The C&G seem to just number there vast range of courses. 23** seems to signify electrical.off to bed. nigh:O (yawn not shock)
You WILL be tested in the morning on the C&G numbering scheme..

That will be your "Aptitude Test" :p :p:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

G-night M8!

(or shall I say...

GOOD MORNING!!! :D :D] :) )

You WILL be tested in the morning on the C&G numbering scheme..That will be your "Aptitude Test" :p :p:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

G-night M8!

(or shall I say...

GOOD MORNING!!! :D :D] :) )
:) :) :D :D:^O:^O:^O

Quite rightApplaud Smiley, but will the test be multiple choice;), and do you have any past papers;) :D :^O

Or as we like to call it... (or KME anyway)Its a PUSHY SHOVEY sort of thing! :eek: :^O:^O:^O:x

more beer barman!Guiness Drink
I did wonder what the pushy shovey thing was, but i was to afraid to ask:( :_| :D :^O:^O

It`s where one of us KNOWS the other is going to answer something, and gets their own reply in first.

Usually practiced on those who only type with one thumb!! :) :) :)

Oh, yeah. Nearly fergotted - Welcome in:)

Latest posts