Hive or Nest.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roys

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumber currently fitting a new Combi boiler in my house, which control system should I fit onto it, a Hive or Nest system, only £30 or £40 between them so price not an issue. Just don’t know enough about them to make an informed decision.

I do intend to control from my phone as I am often away from home for 3 or 4 days, so would put it down to say10 degC when away and back up to say 19 degC when I am on my way home.

Thank you.

I'd go with Nest.... it has many more things that you can add to the system than any of the others..

As for raising and lowering the temp when you're not at home.... they use geolocation and do it automatically so you should only need to change the temperature if you need to change the program

I use Nest and also have their CO and smoke alarms. Annoying they don't do heat detectors though. Quite handy as I get a message on my phone if smoke is detected etc when we're out.

I use Nest and also have their CO and smoke alarms. Annoying they don't do heat detectors though. Quite handy as I get a message on my phone if smoke is detected etc when we're out.
For me the lack of a heat detector completely rules out using them.

Here the minimum standards have for many years been LD2 systems, so the lack of a heat detector is a show stopper.

For me the lack of a heat detector completely rules out using them.

Here the minimum standards have for many years been LD2 systems, so the lack of a heat detector is a show stopper.
They've certainly missed the trick there. With the need for heat increasing they should really keeping up.

It's the little things like when the alarm sounds it turns on a couple of smart lamps I have in the house to provide light along an escape route.

Latest posts