HMRC SCAM !!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
People be aware there looks to be another scam on the rounds.

You'll receive an email with attachment for your personal & bank details.

The form looks very belivable as the header & foot banners look identical to the HMRC site.

The email will be worded like:

"Dear Applicant:

Following an upgrade of our computer systems and review of our records we have investigated your payments and latest tax returns over the last seven years our calculations show that you have made over payments of GBP 178.25 Due to the high volume of refunds due you must complete the online application, the telephone help line is unable to assist with this application. In oder to process your refund you will need to complete the application form attached to this email. Your refund may take up to 6 weeks to process please make sure you complete the form correctly. NOTE: If you've received an Income Tax

This scam was featured on a national news broadcast not long ago.

However being reminded keeps everyone informed.

In the past HMRC have categorically stated that they only contact you by post & do not use e-mail.

Always best to be reminded , some could be caught off guard . Probably works a treat if someone is expecting a refund !!!

I often get two scams a day to my Hotmail address but very few to my original Wanadoo e-mail . Loads of guys in Africa seem to need my bank details all the time , found the answer now though, I send them Spec's details.

One of our local radio DJ's let one of these African millionaire scams run for a while, he baited them etc. and drew them in.

His daily reports of the communications were hilarious!

Latest posts