Homeserve

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had a spare hour or so in the office so I went internet hunting.

I had heard of Homeserve so visited their website.

I just typed in my postcode and asked for a quote for a fuse box replacement.

Came back with a quote of

It is debateable as to whether these types of organisations are of any real benefit.

It would be nice to know if any of the members here are using such?

(Looks like that quote, say's it all)

The Godfather

Thats just crazy i priced a new CU up for me own house recently to use for my assessment and came up with a figure over that just for the parts!

The people that set these organisations up, should be experienced tradesman (or have them as part of the management team), so that their services/pricing reflect a realistic quotation structure.

Don

We'll have an Electrician round to get the job done at a time that's convenient for you.

The job you've chosen:

Repair or Replace a Junction Box

It will cost:

I will have a full re-wire, as Jono suggested, Don. :^O

they dont do rewires in my area:(bob
Nor mine and said they can contact me as they will do soon. But the prices are fixed by then.

Ian.

Homeserve are an insurance type company who covered for gas/electrical/plumbing emergencies. Until recently they sub contracted Mr. Electric to do their electrical work - fixed fee per job - a lot less than

Not looked at the site yet, but do you not have to be on there cover scheme paying

as i understand it if you call them out for a fault they do the minimum to get it working

then quote to get it fixed properly

the stories i have heard from plumbers is scarey

as i understand it if you call them out for a fault they do the minimum to get it workingthen quote to get it fixed properly

'its all working now. dont worry about that safety cutout that ive bypassed. but itll cost thousands to repair'

as i understand it if you call them out for a fault they do the minimum to get it workingthen quote to get it fixed properly

In this case they replaced the pump, heat exchanger and another key part, so almost a rebuild of the flow system

Patch had a good look around at the time, best price I could find on a built in was around

Latest posts