Hot point Chinese motor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KARI76

Reaction score
This motor (Chinese universal electric motor from hotpoint/indesit mod NOWMAO 963P UK washing machine)
has 6 wires from the motor 2 light blue, 1 orange, 1 black with brown strip, 1 brown, 1 black, plus 1 dark blue to brush 1 sleeved grey to to brush no2 can anyone help without doing a lot of testing ohms etc what goes where when trying to link it through an ASIXX 220 VOLT 50 HZ SPEED CONTROLLER.
ON the input side the controller has the three positions for mains and on the out it has green, red, 2 blue, 1 white, 1 yellow.
The two blue are ( I think ) rev counter, red and white are supposed to be auxiliary capacitors , yellow unused, green earth.
Sorry people this is driving me mad it dosen't matter how I wire it up, the motor just goes flat out and it dosen't matter what I adjust the result is the same.
any ideas guys and gals.

Sorry to be a pessimist but one thought is that if you connect it wrong there is a real risk that the controller will be damaged.
You could well be right Geoff, I might try a different make of controller next time.
AND HOPEFULLY, IT WILL HAVE AN INSTRUCTION SHEET ( IN ENGLISH ) WITH IT.
OR BETTER STILL IT MIGHT EVEN BE A BRITISH MAKE.

This motor (Chinese universal electric motor from hotpoint/indesit mod NOWMAO 963P UK washing machine)
has 6 wires from the motor 2 light blue, 1 orange, 1 black with brown strip, 1 brown, 1 black, plus 1 dark blue to brush 1 sleeved grey to to brush no2 can anyone help without doing a lot of testing ohms etc what goes where when trying to link it through an ASIXX 220 VOLT 50 HZ SPEED CONTROLLER.
ON the input side the controller has the three positions for mains and on the out it has green, red, 2 blue, 1 white, 1 yellow.
The two blue are ( I think ) rev counter, red and white are supposed to be auxiliary capacitors , yellow unused, green earth.
Sorry people this is driving me mad it dosen't matter how I wire it up, the motor just goes flat out and it dosen't matter what I adjust the result is the same.
any ideas guys and gals.
Wrong voltage for the UK for a start. Get the right one.

Latest posts