house alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r.b

Reaction score
I know a house alarm consists of a spur at the side of a control panel I imagine there is an outgoing cable to the control panel off the spur?.The sounder bell box is wired to the control panel..As is the keypad panel.I know also if you have any sensors in rooms this is another wire back to the control panel,if say you have 4 sensors within the house can these be daisy chained back to the control panel or do you run 4 wires to each of the sensors?.Does anyone know info on how to connect up the various points on the circuit I have only wired them up to date?Ryan

Wire each 'point' back to panel. Some may tell you you can daisy chain them but it is bad practice and frowned upon by the pros (though there are certain exceptions). Your best bet is to wire all the alarm (bar the mains) in 6 core alarm cable. Somethings like door contacts and some keypads only need 4 and most bell boxes use 5. But if you run 6 then you cant go wrong. Just wrap the spare cores up out of harms way in case you need them for anything in future. Texecom veritas are a decent diy system and have good manuals that explain the wiring/connecting up.

As the above really,,

just make sure you get a fine line sharpie so that you can id the cables at the panel when you put the cables in

Also, as with any data/comms cable, try and keep then at least 150mm away from mains cables and if you have to cross then do so at 90deg

I have moved this to the CCTV and Intruder alarms section, maybe others will help out.

Latest posts