New house alarm?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Texecom it is then.

Well done team for the collective thoughts 👏👏
I wish I had been able to finish putting the Texecom unit (an almost fully wired system) into my daughter's house before I was taken ill.
Then because of my illness I didn’t even instigate putting an alarm in daughter no. 2’s house, another regret.
So no chance of getting one in my own house, which is very saddening.
I am just so scared for my family when I am gone I wish I had been able to do these things for them.
I just freaking hate that I have such advanced cancer, why is life just so cruel!

Always found adk-security.com / cctvcentral.co.uk (they are the same company) in Bolton one of the cheapest for Texecom kit

Any suggested corner shops or suppliers for it?

Over the years I have supplied, fitted, replaced various components from numerous manufactures...

But for quite a while now, my preferred supplier of choice has been "Security Warehouse"..

I honestly don't know how all of their prices compare with other suppliers...?

AND... I honestly don't know how good their mail-order delivery timescales are...?

BUT.. as they have an office less than 20mins drive from my home...
Any alarm related stuff I need is ordered with a comment that I will collect from their office and pay by card upon collection..

So far this has worked well for me providing I give them 2 or 3 days notice..
and they are nice real-people who I deal with!!!

Their website is a bit old-skool..
But they DO stock or have access to a very wide product range..

So once you know what it is you want...
It could be worth a punt to see if they can supply it for you..
to compare costs?

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

🍺 (y):)

Can someone confirm that the Texecom door contacts can only be fitted to flush door/frames?

My old house had a Texecom system and an assortment of door contacts. Concealed type in the rebate of the front door and the usual rectangular plastic ones on the back then metal waterproof ones on the garage. They all have the same electrical connections.

Geoff, thanks for the response, but I am thinking of the wireless system.

Radio/wireless equipment is brand specific. So a contact, PIR etc from say Scantronic will not work with a Pyronix alarm.

Radio/Wireless equipment from different manufactures are dependant on the radio frequency they operate at, so obviously they will not work with each other unless they operate on the same Mhz frequency, but even then the protocols of the software need to be compatible.

What I originally asked is if the Texecom door contacts fit on a recessed door frame, as one review said they only fit on flush UPVC doors.

What I originally asked is if the Texecom door contacts fit on a recessed door frame, as one review said they only fit on flush UPVC doors.
Oh sorry, that wasn't how I read it to be asking :cautious: But to answer your question it depends on the space you have available on the door, personally I would mount the contact/transmitter to the frame. (Some say you should put it on the door.)

The richochet contact measures H 57mm x W 27.5mm x D 11.5mm.

I have never had to try it with a radio contact, but you could always use a bigger magnet if the door does not close level.