How long does it take you to do a rewire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 bed semi bare - 1 decent week with a pair, price for 7 days

occupied add on a day and half

every job is different, I spent 2 and a half weeks rewiring a 3 bed semi, due to laminate flooring, no space under floorboards and a boarded out loft.

The rewire I've almost finished now I started in April 2011,,, it's only a 3 bed semi thats had a loft conversion, extended porch and a 14m2 extension. I've not been there every day though;) and they have kept on adding things to the spec like 30m2.

TBH I've now lost track of how long I've spent there, I tend to do a bit to let the builders continue and then stick a bill in:)

3 bed terraced

last one i did....

1st week 2 men

2nd week 1 man

it was his job and he did the 2nd week,,,,,,not as fast as me......!!!!

long way to the wholesalers in your horse and cart

cable price fluctuations must be a killer for you :slap

Yeah......but they stopped making the jumper bits about 20 years ago !!!!

He,s still using up his last stocks of rubber cable too you know , you'll like the PVC when you start using it M8 but you'll have to learn the new sizes , forget 3/.029 and 7/.029 new sizes are easier.

Yeah......but they stopped making the jumper bits about 20 years ago !!!!He,s still using up his last stocks of rubber cable too you know , you'll like the PVC when you start using it M8 but you'll have to learn the new sizes , forget 3/.029 and 7/.029 new sizes are easier.
and then once you move onto PVC, you can stop putting a fuse in the neutral

I tell the client I can do it in 2 days with my team, on day 7 they ask when I will be finished, on day 10 they cry, on day 15 they go into care.

LA advertising for teams to do lived in re-wires a couple of weeks ago. I'm assuming all surface conduit.

Looking for teams consisting of One spark, one improver, and one mate.

One day per re-wire,

LA advertising for teams to do lived in re-wires a couple of weeks ago. I'm assuming all surface conduit.Looking for teams consisting of One spark, one improver, and one mate.

One day per re-wire,