How Much ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek:

I went to price a CU change this evening and the guy told me that his other half had had a price of £80 :eek: ,,,, thank God he is one of the few that realises that a genuine tradesman would charge a fair bit more than that... 

I told him that I'd struggle to get the bits for that

most of my CU changes come about via PIRs, at that point I can usually do one for just under 300, and mainly because Ive previously tested most of the install and minimal testing 'should' be required afterwards.

That's how I make a few sheckles

eicr  recommend board upgrade     they ask is it a legal requirement.....er no but it has all the uptodate safety features which your one hasn't

oh and by the way it will be a cheaper price as I have already tested the house

BOOM !!!!

last three EICR's   remedials plus £200 for the board change...

well,

just today I done an EICR on a new build council house,

built and wired in late 2011

no RCD protection on 4 circuits,

up and down lights, alarm and smoke detectors,

and no, all cables are normal T&E buried, bonding wouldnt even have been adequate either,

so, where has the quality control of partP went to?

BTW, although this is the 1st of these house I have done Ive been told the previous one was the same, so Im imagining they will all be the same,

approx 20+houses done by NICEIC approved, 

what the F is the point ?  :C

well,

and no, all cables are normal T&E buried, bonding wouldnt even have been adequate either,

BTW, although this is the 1st of these house I have done Ive been told the previous one was the same, so Im imagining they will all be the same,

What you going to do about it steps? Report it to Niceic?

you know the answer. There isn't any.

Building regulations were designed to make buildings safe and efficient.

They have a team of building control inspectors who check buildings as they are being constructed to ensure compliance with building regulations.

Only when it comes to phart pee, their inspectors don't inspect as they know jack about electrics.

So you have the scam providers do it for them, and they don't seem to give a jack either.

If you are going to have a building regulation, then the only sensible way is for the building inspectors to inspect it for compliance. and that would mean giving them the training needed so they know what they are looking at.

Sounds rather 16th ed (besides bonding) maybe they will claim that's when it was designed and tendered for? 

you know the answer. There isn't any.

Building regulations were designed to make buildings safe and efficient.

They have a team of building control inspectors who check buildings as they are being constructed to ensure compliance with building regulations.

Only when it comes to phart pee, their inspectors don't inspect as they know jack about electrics.

So you have the scam providers do it for them, and they don't seem to give a jack either.

If you are going to have a building regulation, then the only sensible way is for the building inspectors to inspect it for compliance. and that would mean giving them the training needed so they know what they are looking at.
Think I've said before that our local building control were caught on the hop when Part P came in. I've dealt with the Principle BCO there since he was a plain BCO, when he left the council and went out on his own and now that he's back and climbed the ladder. They had officers who, no disrespect, were used to measuring the depths of holes with a yard stick. They ended up arguing the toss with sparks over things they knew nothing about and sometimes WINNING as they would take the "I won't sign it off" line. Silly things like forcing new through extension sockets to be at Part M heights and not matching the rest of the lounge. Or insisting sockets above worktops were at the same lines at the light switches etc and then being offset to the tiles. They had so many complaints (fights?) that in the end the council employed their own NICEIC electrical sub-contractor who they used for their own work to act as on site building control officers. Still the case now I think though they are really only called in now if there's a dispute the "normal" BCO's having learnt what's what as time's gone on.

Not from round here either. Most council work be it electrical, bathroom or kitchen fitting, decorating is all dog shat round here. Bodgit and leggit style :(

well,

report to niceic. part p is a pile of s**** all it does is keep people like me who are training and trying to do things properly from being able to do much. and fully trained guys that do things properly like all above get undercut buy cowboys who do the 5 week shite course, sorry short course who do give a flying.

Most council jobs I see are spot on but thats when its their own guys.

I think the problem lies with the subbies and the subbies of subbies who get there mate to sign it of :(
i do subby subby work for the council although not electrical and i do it right :D

na that will be ok,

i would get out my tester,

but iv got my pay today.

"A cowboy story"

An blueFlash original