How To Beat The Credit Crunch,And Win Contracts.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are dire times for all trades, people do not want to part with their money and are unwilling to spend on things that appear to work ok.

The electrical installation in a home is invisible, all they see is the socket outlets and the light switches, and of course the lights they oprerate.

I have lost a number of quotations because I have not made clear to the client exactly what I am quoting for.

Example, quote for full rewire on three bed terraced house.

My quote

These are dire times for all trades, people do not want to part with their money and are unwilling to spend on things that appear to work ok.The electrical installation in a home is invisible, all they see is the socket outlets and the light switches, and of course the lights they oprerate.

I have lost a number of quotations because I have not made clear to the client exactly what I am quoting for.

Example, quote for full rewire on three bed terraced house.

My quote

Some good points in there.

For what you were saying about whats included in the re-wire - for most jobs like this i have a quick drawing of the house with all accessory locations marked on. that way everyone knows whats going to be installed, and clears up any confusion of 'but that socket should be over there.

5: have came accross this many times with people asking for re-wire prices when its obvious they dont need it. do whats required (and if they want a re-wire, then fair enough)