How To Use Newlec Nleesh2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicBee

Reaction score
Hi all, wonder if you can help. I've just moved into a flat with 2 brand new Newlec NLEESH2 digital storage heaters installed and have a few questions about using them. Can find virtually nothing about them on the web, and certainly not any troubleshooting info, so thought I'd post here. I've tried to describe things as best I can but apologies if anything is unclear or particularly dense.

1. I can't work out how to set the output. I used to have analogue storage heaters with input and output dials in my last flat but there is no explicit output setting on these ones.

2. Does the digital display have to display the mode I want in order for that mode to work? Or do modes run in the background? The (appallingly written) instructions describe the heaters as having 5 operation modes; frost protection, storage heater, emitter, NLEESH manual, and NLEESH automatic. The instructions describe the 'NLEESH manual' and 'NLEESH automatic' modes as doing the same thing so I'm a bit confused by them. I'm trying to avoid using the emitter as I assume this is costly. Last night I set the heaters onto 'storage heater' mode at level 4, which, according to the instructions, gave them an 80% charge. I have set the heaters' clock and input the off-peak meter times, and can see that the heater is indeed charging during these times. This morning though the top part of the heaters were fairly hot but the main body was cool. I have set the temperature on the storage heaters to 21.5 on the 'emitter', 'NLEESH manual' and 'NLEESH automatic' modes so I assume it should be trying to heat the room to this? What am I doing wrong? 

3. What is the best way to use the heaters (without wasting too much money but also so that they heat my flat adequately)? E.g. should I be switching onto a particular mode when I come home from work and adjusting the temperature as I go to bed etc? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Are these like the Dimplex Quantum heaters?

If so you set the required temperature for whatever time period you want and the heater tries to achieve this... If you put it on manual then it only uses the storage heater, if you put it on auto it'll top up with the fan heater if the storage heater runs out.... I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.