I am having problems with the electrics in my House what could the problem be?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi every one thanks for you help so far. The RCD switch tripped again to day. When it did I Turned off all the switches to the left of the rcd. Then turn the rcd on, and slowly I turned on each separate switch to the left. as you said I should do but when I turn on each of the switches to the left none of them trip the rcd switch. Its wierd the RCD switch stayed on. Until a bit later on when it tripped again.

Every time the RCD switch does trip you can switch it back on straigt away and it stays on until the next time.

This is making it very hard for me to try and pinpoint any of my appliences as faulty.

I don't know if this information is of any help.

Also one other thing batty you asked if the cooker is on the RCD side and yes it is.

Other than having the items in the house individually tested; there isn`t much more you can do, at this stage. Try leaving something unplugged for a day or two; if the RCD trips, plug that back in; and unplug something else.

would agree with the cooker being the problem maybe,

also the LCD tv, as with PCs, they inherently leak a certain amount to earth in design.

bit of a hard one to find from a distance tho.

intermittent faults always are.

only thing i can think of is in person and try ramp testing with different appliances turned on/plugged in.

where abouts are you Lucy.?

.where abouts are you Lucy.?
Top right hand side of the post header says Cumbria??

If you move that pile of scrap copper..

and stand on the old fridge

you may be able to see the post header Step's me ode' M8:D:^O

Put the matress down first tho in case you fall off!

H&S 1st. ]:)

I have been watching that coming over from your way - in my workshop KME.

Up the house for it a bit - And it is even closer, accompanied by the rumbbling of thunder.

back down the shed soon. :(

Awesome, ain`t it?

Wish I could bottle that "feeling" in the air - It`s incredible.

How`re you bud?

Why you off back down the shed?

Stay here, and yak with us instead.

The ciggie can wait - mine is!!!!

p.s. Evenin Ext. I could REALLY use a smiley about now m8?????

I didn't have college Today mate.

I need to revise, revise, revise. I ain't confident on this one. :(

Hopefully just a 24 hour thing mate, feeling Hot, cold, aching all over etc.

Worse than the "Man Flu" mate. :_|

:D

WHY?????

What have YOU got coming up , that would give you the willies like that?

You are, no BS, one of the most switched on guys I`ve met. You know your stuff; not concerned about admitting you don`t know everything (hell, NONE of us do either. The last exam for sparx is called "blind `em with science" for cryin` out loud.)

Everyone; even steppie, is still learnin`. The day you think you know everything about a subject, should be the day you`re buried.

It`s an exam FFS. Deal with it. You know you can. DO.

M

I'm not ill for having an exam that i am not overly confident in (More confident now, than what I have been mind).

I will be going in there - I won't fail it - but I ain't sure I will be continuing the run of Distinctions. :(

Got that exam, this Wednesday - I have the 2382 - early next month and the 206 practical, in between.

Oh well - once they're doing that will be all the exams over until September, when I go back for my final year.

Thanks for the vote of confidence - It's good how well you get to know people from reading their posts on a forum. Bit like me learning off of you guys, innit?

PS - It is Not a shed, it is a Workshop. :p

Another point just occured to me m8.

A chippie friend (yes, apparently then can, under certain circumstances) came here as a guest, and remarked afterwords about the "jeckyl & hyde"(his words) changes between some of us, from serious to commitable.

We discussed this ( as I am one of the ones in question), and the result, as my friend sees it, is that because our work is, by definition, very mentally intensive, he believes the "almost adolescent idiocy" [his words again] to be a form of psychological release.

I know where he`s coming from. One moment we`re coherently replying to someone; and the next we`re off on our own bus.

Don`t know where I`m going with this post; but it felt profound to me; and I needed to share it, or something.

p.s. Guinness followed by rum seems to do strange things to your head. Oops

WHY?????What have YOU got coming up , that would give you the willies like that?

You are, no BS, one of the most switched on guys I`ve met. You know your stuff; not concerned about admitting you don`t know everything (hell, NONE of us do either. The last exam for sparx is called "blind `em with science" for cryin` out loud.)

Everyone; even steppie, is still learnin`. The day you think you know everything about a subject, should be the day you`re buried.

It`s an exam FFS. Deal with it. You know you can. DO.

M
couldnt agree more,

the day you stop learning and know it all is the day to give it all up cos youre a ****ing IDIOT,,,!!!

I still dont know how to pick out the bits i want and underline them,,,,,,, :^O :^O:^O:^O

You guys give me the lols, kinky boots, crinkly feet?? :^O

Back on topic, could it be a load issue? I know some houses are renowned for this and have absolutely no idea why? Just a thought like.