I could do with some help... thanks !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinson

Reaction score
hey everyone due to such a high number of detailed responces when i ask a question on here, (rather than my tutors responce of... "look in your notes." i was wondering if you would be able to help me with a few questions.

I know this is kind of a simple question but i am getting lost somewhere with my working out because i dont get any of the answers that are given...

A single phase circuit dissipates 1.5kw of power and operates at a power factor of 0.8 when connected to a 230v supply. The current flowing in the circuit will be...

5.2A

6.5A

8.15A

10.4A

Many thanks keep looking at this thread i will most probably need more of your help thanks you again

Ps All your help last month made me get a credit in my exam!!!

Your tutor is correct, with respect mate - you are supposed to look through your notes.

However, show us your working out and we can have a look to see where you are going wrong (if you are going wrong at all, that is, it has been known for mock questions' answers to be wrong too).

Admin.

You need some brackets there otherwise its not correct.

Following BODMAS you get 5.217...

Following sequentially you get 5.217....

(1.5 x 1000) / (230 x 0.8) = 8.152.... the correct answer.

Just as punctuation in english, brackets are vital in maths.

thank you very much! appriciate it, thank you for the site on formulas! and thanks admin but i didnt have very good notes on this subject for some reason, and tbh this site is so much better than anything that is in our notes!

another one??

An Ac circuit has an inductive reactance of 13 ohms, a capacitive reactance of 23 ohms and a resistance of 18 ohms. calculate the impedance...

thank you

Don't quote me on this, but here is my go at working it out?

A

Thank you for your reply admin, but i do have the answers and its 4.97 ohms ? dont know if that shines some more light?

You need some brackets there otherwise its not correct.Following BODMAS you get 5.217...

Following sequentially you get 5.217....

(1.5 x 1000) / (230 x 0.8) = 8.152.... the correct answer.

Just as punctuation in english, brackets are vital in maths.
Ian

Thorough as always mate

i made the assumption that the op would have worked that out............i was rushing to get out !!!!

An Ac circuit has an inductive reactance of 13 ohms, a capacitive reactance of 23 ohms and a resistance of 18 ohms. calculate the impedance...
Oh dear,

I get 20.6ohms

Now I know I'm not the only one to get 20.6ohms, I'll explain how I got it...

The total reactance is the capacitive reactance-inductive reactance.

X=23-13=10ohms

In an AC circuit, Z

Now I know I'm not the only one to get 20.6ohms, I'll explain how I got it...The total reactance is the capacitive reactance-inductive reactance.

X=23-13=10ohms

In an AC circuit, Z

thanks everyone maybe its just a wrong question i wondered why i kept getting the answer wrong on it!!

Latest posts