I did my 301 today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aisback

Reaction score
and i failed so i wondered if you guys could help me out on it e.g tips what to revise and more

Yeah I done mine this week and got a credit which im well happy with.

Wasnt easy though.

Very heavy on motors.

I didnt think swindon masssive was much cop regarding the 301....but i changed my opinion on this about half an hour befrore the exam.

Bit late by then though.

So i would suggest going through that with a fine tooth comb.

there are some good questions on here ...just do a search and they should come up.

brittania training do a load of questions though you have to pay!

Like wise electrical quals do a load of questions which are pretty good but again you gotta pay.

revise loads on your equations impedance, capacitance , etc etc

And read read read !!!!

Good luck!!!

just curious who are you reffering to when you say swindon massive? I have heard it a few times

also have any of you done any of the short courses at swindon college?

dont have my 301 till june, but i did get a distinction on 302 which i did just before christmas

Got my 301 exam Thursday 4th feb and have been revising big time, answered a few test papers and got most right . I have found swindon massive useful by doing their mock exam . I got distinctions in the 302 and 303 It would be nice to get 3 out of 3 but I will just be pleased to get it over with and out of the way. I will do my very best and see what happens Guinness and I will of course keep you posted

hi there i have sent a link to a question paper on a site called bycon it is very cheep, i think about

Hi Guy

I passed mine last night, Had about 7 equations, Inductive Reactance, EMF, Roe l /a, Syncronous speed. Had a fair bit of H&S

I hope this helps

and i failed so i wondered if you guys could help me out on it e.g tips what to revise and more
i faileed it 1st time too... swindon massive is good.. dont justv do the level 2 mock exams, do all the exams regarding polyphase systems, circuit breakers, fusus and theyre BS numbers and what they do,, the 1st half of the exam is basic health n safety but the second half is there to get ya.... i got 100% in the 1st half and 66% in the second and got a distinction... hope this helps