I E T Code Of Practice For Led Lighting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IET to publish Code of Practice for LED Lighting Systems: http://ow.ly/u6qg4

So wait for it, how much are we going to have to fork out for this latest must have.

Mods - Why did IET get changed to let on the header ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods - Why did IET get changed to let on the header ?

It appears to auto set lowercase after the first letter of each work? Upper case I lower case e & t  upper case i & lower case L look the same Il.  Tried I.E.T. still went to I.e.t.? spaces seem to work OK. I will have to ask our forum tech support spark of the year to sort out a 100% fix though I think.

Doc H.  

It appears to auto set lowercase after the first letter of each work? Upper case I lower case e & t upper case i & lower case L look the same Il. Tried I.E.T. still went to I.e.t.? spaces seem to work OK. I will have to ask our forum tech support spark of the year to sort out a 100% fix though I think.

Doc H.
Haha, yes but he's been told to take weekends off, so maybe after he's polished the trophy on Monday he can sort it.

Steve, I think you are missing the point really. The codes of practice are always issued after finding faults within the current way of doing things. They are intended to dispel the myths associated with any claims made by the specifiers.

The codes of practice are not aimed at the installer, they are aimed at specifiers, designers and others who have the responsibility to design and install anything under those practices.Most if not all domestic installers would never need to buy a copy simply because most reputable wholesalers do a free design and supply service. Even for small commercials I would not buy the ACOP. However if your day to day work involves the design and installation of such then in order to provide the best design and use of the product you will need to know the code of practice.

For instance a central driver unit would provide a more efficient solution to individual drivers.

Some of the lower output LED's require more of them to be installed,to provide the work plane lighting requirements.

There is a misconception that LED's do not produce heat, enclose one in a IP65 enclosure and watch them melt.

Codes of practice show where, how and why to install. They also show engineering evidence to support YOUR decision to use them.

Something like the description Manator has posted, they are to dispel myths, and, they are only needed when there is a large incompetence in their application, and this is when they are generated.

So, it seems that there is a large body of people associated with the industry, that have no clue about specifying, installing, etc. LED lighting, how sad is that!

Lets just say that 1 x 10W ww 120 degree led downlighter isnt quite enough to light a bathroom thats 1700mm square (Amitex BTW)

I got one as a sample for my parents bathroom, tried it off a plugtop first and they were (still are) very happy with it.... both my brother and I think it isnt quite enough

They recon they're 80W equivalent

biggest problem with LED is that the lamps bsically only throw light forwards, so trying to get a lamp for my own bedroom fitting resulted in buying CFL lamp.

Deke has the weekend of

Its a setting in the forum - It stops S H O U T I N G 

Which is sentences all capitalised

Latest posts