I have only come here seeking knowlege

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hysteresis

Reaction score
Hello to all

just read a few posts regarding training. I have a bit of knowledge about electricity, I can do the maths, no problem.

I am nearing the end of my working life, I have been a project manager in IT and telecoms. I want to rewire my own house in the UK and I may move to Italy where I would be interested in installing/ having installed Solar/Voltaic systems, heat pumps etc.. So I don't really want to go to college for a couple of years. I am, in general, interested in ecosystems/renewable energy type systems. So I am looking to do one of the quick start courses (someone has alreading mentioned TEC20/30) and picking up further training in PV systems.

I understand that there is a bit of a divide between the apprenticeship trained and the "quicky" trained. My father served a 7 year apprenticeship as a fitter and you could not learn what he knew in 4 weeks!

So I welcome comments.

Cheers

Hysteresis

you learn enough on the short course to pass a exam. and thats it. if you could learn everything on a short course, then there woudnt be any need for apprenticeships

and welcome to the madhouse

Latest posts