I love my job

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Reaction score
Starting a full rewire in a 4 bedroom house on Monday. Nice customers, very near my home, just me, the boss and another electrician if we get behind. The family are moving out for a week and I'm really looking forward to it.

I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have a job I enjoy so much. I've just been looking at the posts from people trying to get into the industry and I'm determined to smile all of next week and not be a grumpy git once - however solid the wall are!! :^O :^O:^O

I hate rewires on lived in homes to much like hard work but have enjoyed some when customers are nice. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I served my electrical apprenticeship with a local council working in people's house carrying out re-wires an general repairs. When the building industry collapsed in the early eighties I left the indusry and went on to do other things. When I looked back after twenty years it was the best job I ever had and I determined to get my qualifications back and go back to doing what I like. After working for various contractors I am now working for a reasonable company doing exactly the job I trained for and all thing considered quite happy in my work, Terry.

Still smiling - just!

I know it's very girly, but aren't SDS drills heavy? I've been chasing all day and most of it seemed to be nice and high up so my arms will be feeling it tomorrow.

Nice hard bricks but at least the house is empty of people, if not furnature.

The customer pops in a couple of times a day and has been really excited and happy so far - even with all the dust and mess.

And I forgot to say that when my boss gave her the quote, she said that it was more than she could afford so what did she have to cut to get the price down!! Unheard of, a customer who didn't ask us to reduce the price but still do the same job just because they fancied paying less.

Latest posts