If I change my 15 year old inverter..........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Minchin

Reaction score
My sunny boy inverter is 15 years old and still perfect but i did wonder what would happen if i replaced it. Every few years i have to make a declaration that the system is unchanged. So if i had a new inverter would i need a new MCS certification and would that jeopardise my highly advantageous early adopter FIT scheme?

(split from hi-jacked thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
early FiT was 25 years.
I couldn’t quite remember if it was 20 or 25 years, I know I was early into getting them, think I was the first in the area and had a get a building warrant and planning permission from the council (Scotland), none of my mates did 6 months later.

I couldn’t quite remember if it was 20 or 25 years, I know I was early into getting them, think I was the first in the area and had a get a building warrant and planning permission from the council (Scotland), none of my mates did 6 months later.
They changed it to 20 years when they slashed the FiT, so not many people have the 25 year contract.