If one of the following smart TRVs will be launched, which one would you want?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy.Cc

Reaction score
To be honest, we are a new thermostat manufacturer and are working hard to create our first thermostat, we want to make a product that users are loving and that is really useful to users, can you help give your feedback on these design suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
View attachment TRV design.jpg

The design mockups look good but how will they attach to the different types of thermostatic valves that are fitted without affecting the design.

From the pictures I don't have any particular favourite and as mentioned in your other thread I'm more interested in the spec as with a lot of battery operated equipment battery longevity is probably the most important prioity especially when 2 dozen or more batteries may be needed for a full heating system

The design mockups look good but how will they attach to the different types of thermostatic valves that are fitted without affecting the design.

From the pictures I don't have any particular favourite and as mentioned in your other thread I'm more interested in the spec as with a lot of battery operated equipment battery longevity is probably the most important prioity especially when 2 dozen or more batteries may be needed for a full heating system
Thanks for replying to my 2 threads :) Yes, the spec is very important, we already have a Zigbee TRV actually, it can work for 4 years with only 2pcs alkaline batteries (4 heating months as 1 year). As you may know, Zigbee devices ask for a hub/gateway, so people don't like this. We are developing a WiFi TRV, so you can control it with an App directly and without any other devices. That is why we are designing a new appearance.

A bit off topic, but if you want a product idea, there's no such thing as a photocell with programmable timer. You can fit separate timer and photocell units, and you can get a photocell with a dumb timer, turns lights off after a set time, which given that it's dark by 4.30 currently and around 10.30 in summer, isn't very useful.

A bit off topic, but if you want a product idea, there's no such thing as a photocell with programmable timer. You can fit separate timer and photocell units, and you can get a photocell with a dumb timer, turns lights off after a set time, which given that it's dark by 4.30 currently and around 10.30 in summer, isn't very useful.
I just use smart lamps/sockets set to come on at sunset and off at 11:30pm... a very simple solution

Actually these have been around for many years and are extremely reliable

https://www.steinel.de/en/lights-se...-controller/nightmatic-3000-vario-550516.html

after about 3 days it allows for the change by using its own calculations. Set it once and never touch it again - not even whee the clocks change.
that's a bit clever 😁

i have a site, and done a few jobs, where external lighting has to go off at midnight, and light up at a reasonable time in the morning, which isn't hard to achieve with a din rail astronomical timer and photocell, but have always thought a fully programmable photocell is missing from the market

Latest posts