Indesit tumble dryer IDC8T3B wire has come loose - heater does not work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadoo

Reaction score
Hi ... I've made a silly mistake by not taking pics of wiring before starting a tumble dryer belt change. I hope someone can assist.

I changed the drum belt on my Indesit condenser dryer IDC8T3B, but the heater did not come on and I noticed a loose orange wire next to the controller. The drum rotates fine. Heating element was fine before belt change and upon checking heater continuity all seems fine there. Elements heat up when tested.

A thick orange wire (photo) has come loose from dryer timer/control box - where does it go? Two options, 1. same connection as the grey wire in the middle of controller (separate pin available that is connected to grey wire), or 2. separate connection behind the red wire at the bottom.

Does anyone have a picture or wiring diagram to help me find the right place for the wire.

Lesson learnt the hard way. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IDC8T3B controller.jpeg
    IDC8T3B controller.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 6
Just tried answering your "duplicate post"

Its generally best NOT to post multiple questions in different threads on the same question...(y)

This is true, as it causes confusion, duplicate post deleted. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it's worrying that a connector carrying a heavy load for a heater can pull off so easily. It should be tight and hard to pull off. Being loose is a risk of poor connection/overheating/fire risk. When you do find out where it goes squeeze it up slightly so its a tight fit.

Its generally best NOT to post multiple questions in different threads on the same question...(y)

This is true, as it causes confusion, duplicate post deleted. :)
Valid point, the other thread was an old thread where the op may have had the wiring photos I'm after so asking in response to that thread.

This is true, as it causes confusion, duplicate post del

Valid point, the other thread was an old thread where the op may have had the wiring photos I'm after so asking in response to that thread.
Hi ... To answer your points in the other thread. I have tried a number of things.

Two possible options available (1. third pin from top, all three pins in 3rd row are connected, one has grey wire, 2. bottom pin available behind red wire - new photo show this).

No score marks on any of the free pins indicating that the connector must have been loose in the first place.

Did connect orange wire to third pin from top briefly (because the wire is long enough to reach there and is hanging loose around that position) and all worked including heater but do not want to risk fire hazard just in case.

I'm hoping someone can provide a photo of their wiring. Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20230216-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230216-WA0001.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 5

The thread you hi-jacked was posted in August 2020. The OP only ever made 2 posts over 2 days so, he will never reply. (Anyone can see how many posts a user made, it is written under the users name) The OP was also saying he could not upload photos.

I have a mate who worked for a well known white goods company, he said that appliance repair companies have to buy manuals for any appliance they work on (There are a lot of them) the manuals are not cheap, and it is for that reason you will not find an engineers manual online for free.

I can only suggest you ask where your wire goes at the UK white goods forum, they deal with appliances all day

Thanks. Will do. Appreciate the suggestion.
I think I have found the right wiring diagram courtesy of the whitegoods forum so giving it a go.

Many thanks for those who responded. Appreciate the support.

Attachments

• timer control box.jpg
    timer control box.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image_Indesit dryer 1.jpg
    image_Indesit dryer 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts