Infinite Prime GSM SMS problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeast

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just finished installing the Infinite Prime system, it was the kit with the GSM module included, although I have set the system up to use GSM and message centre it never sends any SMS text messages to the mobile, it does send the voice messages via GSM and I can arm the system using the SMS Command from the mobile to the GSM module, anybody come across this before or can help in any way?

Cheers. :C

Try a different message centre, the O2, T-Mobile and Orange ones are a bit hit and miss of late. Vodafone still seems to work most of the time.

Thanks Stuart,

I'll try a different one and let you know how I get on.

Cheers, Dale.

OK, so I changed the Message Center and I now receive 'some' SMS messages, does anyone know what I should set the protocol to in the CS Account section, I have it set to SMS FollowMe at the moment as there isn't an option for just SMS, the problem is now that I get an SMS message when I arm the system but not when I disarm it, I have both the report and recovery set to Enabled in the event options. If I set the protocol to SMS SIA I just get the SIA codes which is not much use to a mobile phone.

Cheers.

There are only 2 that are relevant to SMS, these are SMS SIA and SMS FollowMe, the others are TWA options.

I double checked all the settings and I still always get an SMS for Arming the system and when an alarm is triggered, but it seems very flaky around the restore messages, I have had one SMS so far for disarm and none when the alarm trigger is restored.

The manual is somewhat vague in places, probably makes more sense when you're stood in front of it. It doesn;t really mention much about SMS messages, so I'm struggling somewhat.

I'm just wondering how the FollowMe works exactly. Generally, the idea behind the follow me function is that it sends messages to the follow me number only when the system is armed, the idea being that the follow me number is your own mobile so obviously not required to be contacted when disarmed as you would likely be in.

Maybe change the number to a non-follow me slot, or use 2 mobiles in 2 slots and see if there's any difference in messages received.

Latest posts